1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

productive guys to look at

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Feb 14, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Mac I know earlier in this thread we went back and forth on Pump, but I just am scared his size will be an issue. I respect your opinion however imo I just can't justify draft this kid when the NFL keeps putting out bigger, stronger fast defensive players. Imo this draft is loaded with talent at the RB spot to risk a pick on a kid who is so undersized scares me. I like guys like Hunt and McGuire who both showed Bell like running styles, Hunt may go too high in the draft for our liking but McGuire won't and these are just 2 names there are more. :smiley1:

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    James Conner 5th round University of Pittsburgh. YEA. Bye Bye Toussant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i like toussaint to be honest. hey ward you are a pitt guy. bam bradly?:cool:

6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac, our Pitt defense has been woeful, Bam didn't really make an impact with me. Jordan Whitehead will be the next great Pitt player.
    James Conner is going to make somebody glad they drafted him. Same with Ejuan Price if he is given the chance.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    price is iffy to me. everything i have watched on him shows me he has great initial burst and if he is neutralized he gives up on the play.:cool:

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Glad you saw what I saw. I was really discouraged with his lack of hustle and "run to the ball". People are giving him high praise and I saw the same thing as you....

9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    mac I believe he led the ACC in sacks the last 2 years.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    y
    ea i know he pretty decent at that part of the game but his complete game is suspect. i think that is a problem with a lot of these pass rushers this year. just something missing in parts of they're games. we really need a well rounded guy that can do it all well. rush the passer, play the run and cover. they were talking about this last night on the nfl networks coverage leading up to the combine. part of the reason i like watt and biegel so much. they seem to be able to do it all and have played in our style of defense. fields is another guy too.

i remember when we drafted gay and they talked about him having a leg up on some other guys in our defense because he played in the same style of defense we did. it helped him get on the field quicker and to know what he was doing earlier.

we shall see how these guys do. length is a major part of these OLB'ers being able to keep guys off them when pass rushing. JH is an exception to this rule but he is so strong it makes up for it.:cool:

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not convinced with the old "they ran the same style of D in college" It may give them a leg up but the NFL is a whole different ball game......Gay had a leg up? I remember how despised he was and how glad we were to see him go...It wasn't until he got the other leg up ...when he came back ,that he was a good player for us. Now I'm afraid both his legs seem to be getting heavy.... and on their way back down .:smiley1:

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    if you remember our second round pick mcfadden was always hurt and gay was able to step in and play. it was because he was familiar with the defense that helped him. gay was bashed hard but he still made a lot of good plays for us too. he was never really brought in to be the full time starter at that point, mcfadden was drafted for that and he was let go and brought back too. gay is still here after one year in arizona where he didn't light it up either. he's been pretty steady for us over his career though. he's been more of a deshea townsend type player for us.:cool: