1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBowl????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Nov 3, 2011.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Is it safe to say that Ben will be invited to the Probowl??????? If he is selected I hope he can't play due to the SuperBowl. :-D

2. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I think Ben will definitely be selected and quite possibly as your starter...but as you state...I hope he can't go because of the Superbowl :this!:

3. harrisonisscary

harrisonisscary Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Rivers has the most INT's in the league and i bet he still gets picked before big ben. And Brady is going to start, whos kidding who. And Fitzpatrick will get selected before big ben as well. Cmon this is the steelers and big ben how often do we get respect. How many pro bowls has ben been to? And how many should he have been to? But yea he cant go anyway he has a flight to Indy the next week ;)

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Big Ben will be a lock for the SB....I like the rest of you hope he can't play

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think Ben has a shot at being a Pro Bowler this year. It's a joke anyway... nothing but a popularity contest.

6. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben is 5th in passing yards

7. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    And...

8. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    ...and most voters don't care about stats when they don't like a guy! Almost all non-steelers are Big Ben haters.
    Difficult for him going over Brady.

My guess is the top 3 QBs on pro bowl voting on AFC will be Brady, Rivers & Schaub

It's ok with me. Don't risk him one more game, and hopefully he'll be preparing for another game those days!

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben just have to keep playing good steady ball. :yahoo:

10. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He will never get the fan support because of Georgia. It is interesting to read what people say about that as they never listened to the detective reports that were posted online.

People say the video was erased because Ben paid them off but the detectives say there were no cameras focused on that area.

The "girlfriends" testified they tried the door and it was locked. The detectives state there is no lock on the door.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Could the "lock" have been Willie Colon's huge meathook holding on the doorknob and 315 lbs keeping the door from moving? Just saying... you read reports online... can't take everything you read online as the absolute truth.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm thinking that ben and wallace could do each other a favor in making the pro bowl :herewego!:

13. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Wallace and Woodley. Marsha Brady will be the starter, Schaub, Fitzpatrick and RIVERS. Ben doesn't stand a chance. I bet Peyton Manning gets more votes than Ben. Pro Bowl is a joke anyway............

14. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Does anyone really care? :shrug:
    The Probowl is :bscow:

15. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    When your QB is playing up to Pro Bowl caliber, nine times out of ten your team is winning a lot of games………….. so to answer your question I DO CARE. :drinks:

16. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly. Ben will never get nominated for any kind of popularity contest and that is exactly what the Pro Bowl is.

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd like to see him make it, certainly would do his career good to make the probowl for a number of years. At this rate he is a first ballot HOF'er. He wins both regular season (75-31 good for 41st all time) and post season (10-3 good for 8th all time) games. With just 11 wins and 1 playoff win this year he'll move to 32nd and a tie for 6th with Staubauch and Aikman. He currently has the highest playoff winning percentage of any quarterback that has started more than 10 playoff games. Like I said, if he keeps winning like he has, he will be a first ballot HOF'er. Just be nice to see him become a perrenial pro bowl QB. If he isn't, I'm certainly enjoying the ride with him leading the B&G to all these wins!

18. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    And its origin wasn't the incident at Georgia last year.

Last SB we won he SHOULD have been the MVP.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Pro Bowl? Ben will be the MVP................of the superbowl! :herewego!:

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't expect him to be "nominated" for the ProBowl. There's only one Bowl I care about him being in though. :towel:

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    No