1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Football Talk article.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Mar 11, 2019.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hard to argue any of it. It also touched on the Blount situation. I don't remember who was arguing about it but it pretty much says the move was orchestrated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    So true! And so sad! What digs at me most is that if they couldn't see it coming for the past five years, and then refused to address it for the last five years, I don't see much hope of them all of a sudden figuring it out and fixing it in the off-season!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Not really:

"But the conspiracy theories don’t make a lot of sense. Even if Blount was purposely acting out because he was unhappy in Pittsburgh, he had no way of knowing for sure that his act would result in the Steelers waiving him. It could have just as easily resulted in the Steelers suspending him or benching him, options that wouldn’t have had the desired effect. And the Patriots didn’t even claim Blount on waivers after Pittsburgh waived him. Some other team could have claimed him, which would have prevented Blount from getting back to New England."

They Asked Blount flat out if the move was orchestrated and he answered "No".
    That seems to be the smoking gun.:cautious:

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know to be honest I didn't read the link attached to the article. It insinuates in the original article that it was premeditated,so who really knows.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I believe one of the sources was the guy who hosts Ben's Tuesday radio interview, what's that tell ya...

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yikes!

8. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Tomlin's just not a good HC.. Once our star veterans (and leaders) all left or retired a few years ago, this team has been spiraling out of control.. Dumb on-field penalties, endless off-field drama, repeatedly losing to awful teams, it just never stops. There's zero accountability. I just don't think the players respect Tomlin as an authoritative figure. We've heard numerous former players speak about him in a negative way. Call it sour grapes, call it what you want.. I don't recall that kind of negativity from players towards Cowher.. You don't see players questioning Belichick or other great coaches.

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. And I'm a Tomlin guy but the facts are the facts. The guys we had when he got here were already proven leaders and winners. They policed the locker room and didnt let these type of things get out of control. And Ben wasnt looked upon as above the fray then.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Couldn't have been said any better!

And you have to wonder if Ben had seen some leadership would he have evolved into the whiner that he is or would leadership have shown him to let his play do the talking?

11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I've been saying this for years, especially the 3-in-50. It's like the author wrote that article from my posts here. Tomlin is terrible, which means Art2 is the problem. They've likely thrown away a couple of rings because they are stupid.