1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Days

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That video you are referring to was the 2019 Draft Presentation the Steelers had just before that draft. As that video states, Steelers send out their BLETSO Team around mid July and go full force in early August.l Either way, it usually is Colbert's call but there can be an objection every now and then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Marvin Wilson being here is very interesting. I had him at Top 20 when the season began but for whatever reason, he fell off a cliff. I would not touch him personally until mid Day Three.

3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmm... either that video was taken down or is not available. Closest one I could find.

UPDATE: Found it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Here is another good resource for those who are interested in the inner workings of how the Steelers handle the NFL Draft. More of a historic background but important and influential nonetheless.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that one was it. I thought I remembered it being a little longer than that but that was still good.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Smith isn’t going to do drills. That’s a little bit of a red flag for me but you see it at the combine too when players skip certain drills. Just that if I’m a GM, I want a guy with a good attitude and will do whatever it takes. He’s also only 170lbs, damn. Whats the lightest weighing player in the NFL?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't get it 2 play. If I keep clicking it it takes me 2 My YouTube channel.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Try this link here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I think Brandon Banks of the Los Angeles Chargers is currently; 155lbs. Oddly enough, he plays Wide Receiver as well. That said, most receivers under 180lbs in todays league do not last very long.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Unusual to post this I know. Keep in mind though everyone that the likes of T.J. Watt, Terrell Edmunds and Devin Bush had injuries before entering the Pros. None of that will matter though if both Tomlin and Colbert are not present at Virginia Tech's Pro Day.

Keep in mind that Virginia Tech's Pro Day is not until the 26th; four days from today. Anything can happen so I would stay tuned for this development.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I had to look him up, he hasn’t played in 8 years, lol how did you come up with him?

Anyway, “played” is doing a lot of heavy lifting, 14 targets for 35 yards in 3 years. Didn’t figure someone that light could have much of a career.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    My mistake @Blast Furnace . Did not read the date of publication on which I found that. Deonte Harris would be the current lightest; tying Smith at 170lbs. There is a difference though.

Harris is 5'6 while smith is 6'1. That weight with that height is compact. By comparison, 6'1 at 170lbs is rail thin.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank you

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't believe I didn't see that before. I'm freaking pumped for the draft now.
    As I was watching it I kept thing who is that guy...LoL...then they say his name Mark Bruener.
    I was like Geez ....I should have known. He's just so thin now.
    Anyway thanks again.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Phil Kreidler was present at Northern Iowa's Pro Day today. Phil may not be as big of a presence as Mike Tomlin or Kevin Colbert but Phil is one of the big names among the Steelers Scouting Department as he is the College Scouting Director. Has a lot of pull and has played a big part in the team drafting some of the small school players in recent years. Here are some of the players he was looking at.

Of the two, with the recent departure of Ola Adenyi, Elerson Smith definitely makes some sense given the fact that the team is counting on their pass rushers to rush more and cover less.... with some notable exceptions. His Pro Day turned out pretty good.

What is more interesting is that he had a Zoom call with both Tomlin and Colbert as well;

Spencer Brown though is very intriguing to me.

Here is something else. This is his estimated RAS Scores; something I am certain many of us have seen in years past. This one was done by me but keep in mind I cannot find his 20 or 10 yard split.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/...&bn=29&vt=31.5&bd=0909&sh=4.39&cn=6.99&pos=OT

Something to monitor for certain.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know if the Steelers had anyone on hand. Also had a great vertical, 42.5”, dudes 5’7” lol.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This guys ridiculous, too bad he’s so short.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    M. Jones.
    What everyone think about him today?
    Freaking Alabama is loaded.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Mac Jones is very tricky for me to evaluate. On one hand, he has all the quality tangibles and intangibles one would ever want in a quality QB. On the other hand, the team around him was ridiculously loaded as well. The major difference that people need to understand about Tua vs. Mac was that Tua had far greater degrees of playmaking potential and talent from not just inside the pocket but outside as well. Mac Jones can move well inside the pocket but do not expect too much from him when extending plays.

For me, I love the overall accuracy and field vision that Mac Jones possess but am let down by the overall arm strength he had. If he had a cannon a la Zach Wilson, Urban Meyer definitely would have something to think about come draft day as that in addition to serious mobility are the only major weaknesses that Mac Jones has for me. He is a First Round QB..... I just sadly expect him to go a lot earlier than he should in comparison to other players.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tomlin "T" formula at work here people!! That said, Jaycee Horn Jr plays a premium position. In addition, as crazy as this sounds, I have far more faith (however misguided it may be) that Caleb Farley falls to Pittsburgh at 24 than Jaycee Horn getting past the top 20.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Regarding Rondale Moore...

Sadly, no info just yet on who the Steelers sent. That said, given the fact that Purdue's Pro Day also coincidences with Alabama's in addition to neither Tomlin nor Colbert showing up, do not expect him to be Pittsburgh's pick at 24.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    ..... Dang......

Glad I have him still as the third option!! Seems the Steelers do as well. That said....

• Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See. I have M. Jones way higher than I had Tua. By just film.

I didn't believe Tua should have gone any earlier than the late 1st.
    As 2 the talent around him.
    Well believe it ,or not a lot of the teams He's played against, are loaded also.
    Don't believe me.
    Look at top 20 recruiting classes in last 10 years, and Draft picks in ...well a lot of years.
    Plus No cushion (Stat padding ) games this year. SEC only played SEC this year till the Playoffs.