1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Bowl game likely to be shelved

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Apr 26, 2012.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Now where am I going to get those ugly red jerseys that the Steelers site always sells?

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  4. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Big Ben needs not to play in that game ever again anyways.

SB or Bust!

The Pro Bowl became the biggest sham in all of professional sports including the WWE. I may have watched a total of 4 plays last year just for the amusement. Really, it wasn't even funny. It was that bad.

5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm happy to hear this. The Pro Bowl was pathetic!

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    If they do officially cancel the game...they should still have a Pro Bowl team...but just be a list of player who deserve it/etc...just as an honor or whatever...so players can still be elected to the pro bowl team. If that makes sense.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I HATE the pro-bowl. I'm really glad to hear this. Now only if we could cancel goodell as commish and then we would officially be on the road to recovering the true NFL.

8. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I have no interest in it. They made it worse by having it the weekend before the Super Bowl. The NFL should save their money and lower the price of tickets or something.

9. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The "All-Pro" team, much more meaningful.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed!

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, agreed here too.

I think it's a shame. All-star games have a lot going for them in many ways. But as I think Herm Edwards was saying, in the old days pro bowl meant big money for players who didn't necessarily have it. But now, players are getting paid huge amounts whether they play or not. Plus, the picks for the pro bowl are usually two seasons behind the current one, which means we have a lot of perennial pro bowlers who are there on reputation rather than actual performance.

12. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think it should be in a different city every year like all star to make it somewhat more interesting

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The commish strikes again.He was the that moved it in front of the superbowl,he was the one that watered down the game,and he is the one that got booed at the draft.This is why I know that I'm not the only one that feel this way.He want to do something for the game then give the fans their money worth and put together a better quality game on the field for the probowl.This is football for heaven sake.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Goodell has a had a fair bit to do with it, but it can't all be pinned on him this time. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure he didn't introduce the "no blitzing" rule (could be wrong), which effectively made half the defensive selections redundant, not to mention the entire o-line selection.

There are other factors, though, as I've said above - mainly incentive from a player's perspective.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What a shame. I'll miss all of the gritty effort and physical play that we saw in Hawaii these past few years....

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :roflmao: i guess we won't ever see the all steeler roster. :facepalm: :cool: