1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pretty Funny "Anti-Steelers" Article

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Clive From PIT, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    "Why Your Team Sucks: Pittsburgh Steelers"

Some darn funny shots in there, and some priceless comments to boot. A couple faves:

"Neil O’Donnell still makes me upset. Somehow, he is the reason Trump is president. I just have to figure the logistics, and pin it on him. F*** Neil O’Donnell so hard."

"A side note: a guy that I used to work with in Orlando, who’s a Patriots fan, was overheard during the Stanley Cup Final that he was ‘tired of Pittsburgh winning everything.’ I wanted to punch him through FaceTime."

:roflmao:

2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    "Funny" thing is this year I am hearing a whole lot of talk about us being the only real threat to N.E.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Lol "Joey Porter could shoot a horse at midfield and probably still stay on the payroll."

I also read the Ravens version (to feel less slighted), which is pretty savage.

4. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    The Dan Rooney section is a little too much if you ask me... And come on now, every team in every sport college and professional have a few drunk and disorderly fans. Thats sports. Not saying I am for the drunks who don't pay attention to the game and make rude comments, but come on, they're everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Proof that reading an article of some idiots opinions can make you feel dumber for having wasted the 15 minutes to do so.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is satirical. No reason to get too upset.

Deadspin does this every year. I will say though that the Dan Rooney reference did surprise me a little.

Regardless, while I can understand the flak they will receive, I do not believe they were trying to offend.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly. If you read the same articles on other teams, you get the picture.

And the fans input for each team gives a lot of proof to @steelcurtainmrp 's point that all fans get a bit out of order. Some of the stories on there are amusing, though. There's one about vomit during a Raven's game which is particularly nice, also this one:

"I have been to nearly every Ravens home game with my dad since they came to town. Last season I was going through the breakup of a 15-year relationship. The Ravens became my weekly escape - but only in the sense that I had an excuse to get blackout drunk by noon at age 35. I looked back through the schedule this morning, and literally cannot recall one memorable or significant moment from any game. My dad sold his tickets after last season - likely out of concern for my liver. We will be spending our Sundays doing something less mediocre this year."

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:lolol:

Some Ravens fans may be "defensive" about the second bolded one.

In all seriousness though, satirical pieces like this one can showcase the lack of humor of many fans; prompting violent reactions from them to showcase their admiration and support for their team but missing the point all together.

If anything, I get just as much a kick from reading the vile comments about those fans as much as the pieces themselves.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    "The Steelers organization lives in a Landry Jones bubble. No Steelers fan likes our backup. If God told me I could get kicked in the sack instead of having Landry come in to a game, I would consider that an even trade off." :roflmao:

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

:rolleyes: