1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Presser

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 2, 2019.

1. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    My point is though, it's not just Tomlin. It's the Rooneys, even the late Dan Rooney. They completely protected the stars.

2. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Reddit is your friend. r/NFLstreams - has multiple HD streams for every game, including RedZone.

I haven't even had cable TV in 8 years and I don't miss it one bit, and it's not a money issue, although an extra $50 a month is nice.

I watch the RedZone on my 26" PC monitor, and run and HDMI from my video card to my TV beside my PC and watch games on it. I also have a windows tablet with video out, so I can run a HDMI from it to any TV in the house and get games. All you need to get it on a TV is a video card with video out, which you can find as cheap as $50, or you can get a tablet with video out and be able to move it to any TV you want, I prefer a Windows tablet, over Android or Apple, just out of familiarity. Or you could get both for probably the price of one year of Direct Ticket. And at least 3 or 4 games a year are always on basic cable for free anyway, no matter where you live. Or hell, you could even use a TV as a PC monitor, like a lot of people do. And, if you don't have a PC, you can get a cheap HTPC pretty cheap, or a laptop with video works too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I agree there, we don't know exactly what's going on behind closed doors, but there's still plenty for me too see that Tomlin needs to go. The Rooney's have not gotten much love from me lately, but what can we do about an owner. They should of never hired the "token" Coach to begin with, he didn't deserve it, not by a long shot.

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He has been at the helm for many years and he still has no clue what to do to change things. Enough time has come and gone to fix things. Why didn't this happen during the long season he had? He said what he needed to just to get through the presser

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I disagree that he was or is a token. They didn't even have to interview him much less hire him. They had already interviewed Ron Rivera for the job at that point to fulfill the Rooney Rule requirement.

I also think he was a good hire at the time as the SB appearances and title validate. Even if you buy into the whole "he only won with Cowher's players" rap, not everyone could have done that. But...every coach has a shelf life and he may have reached his here for a whatever reasons you think. Circumstances and situations change and what once may have been a good fit are no longer so.

One of those things, IMO, was the phasing out of an aging Dan Rooney and the phasing in of Art II which was accelerated upon Dan being named Ambassador to Ireland. At some point we may look back and decide it was the most profound thing that's happened to the Steelers since Dan took over in earnest in the late sixties.