1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Premier RB would return Steelers to championship level

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Jan 7, 2020.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

Yes, I think Dalton may be more flexible to be a "Back-up" then Brady would. Once again, I really think Dalton could flourish with us. Yes again with the "D"-"O" flip-flop. Man, could you imagine if we had all the original "O" pieces (B-B-B-B: Bryant on the last B) in place this past season with the new and improved "D" that we have. We would have been near unstoppable. Too bad Brown, Bell and Bryant are knuckleheads. Also, if we were able to have kept Jesse James as well. Him along with McDonald would be a nice TE tandem.

With Dupree, hopefully he builds off of this past season and continues to grow....with us of course. Once again, whatever the reason is, it seems to have finally clicked in Year Five of the contract for him. It is a shame it took so long. It really puts management in a tough spot. Do we "Tag" him? Do we let him walk? As I stated, it took nearly a decade to finally get this "OLB Bookend" thing right.

Four years wasted on Jarvis Jones and the first four years were a little better for Bud but still not enough of what we needed from him. Now, he seems to get it in the final year of his contract. The timing is horrible. I would expect, at the latest, maybe at some point in Year #2 for a First Rounder to finally have it "Click-On". Oh well, as the saying goes: "Better late than never".

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid