1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Prediction: Joe Mixon will be a Patriot next season

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

There's a love fest going on between him and NE. BB giving him high praise and JM professing his admiration of Brady and wanting his Jersey.

Just seems like a lead up to him landing on the team.

Mixon is actually a very good RB, I would prefer he doesn't go to NE.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bill would know how to use him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Would not surprise me if he did. Keep in mind he has one more year on his deal. If New England feels like trading for him, I would not be surprised.

It will likely take at least a 3rd Round Pick though. Mixon's abilities as a runner are among the best in the AFC. His issue has been a lack of everything around him.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Mostly due to the coach. He wasn't getting many touches to start the season but he's seen a larger work load the last 5 or 6 games and has been one of the best backs in the league during that stretch. And that's running behind that line.

If it wasn't for his knocking a girl unconscious, I'd be for us making a run at him in FA in 2021.

5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Bill going to get rid of his #1pick Sony Michel blast?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, Burkhead or White would get the boot.

7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah, he likes the running game.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd rather 10 Mixon's than 1 Vick.
    Besides, we have had no shortage of people on our team who made mistakes, Ben being one of them. Seems a bit hypocritical to not want Mixon over that incident when we have had numerous other guys who have done similar stuff.

For the record, I don't like what Mixon did. It's not okay. With that said, I have a hard time condemning the guy for it when so many guys in the NFL (and other pro sports) have done similar things or worse, and it's always overlooked, always. I just can't take a stance against one guy when there's hundreds of others who have done equally ****ty things. Take a stance against every NFL player who has shown himself to be a ****ty person and I'm not sure there's enough guys to have a league.

There is a line though, and my line is killing and torturing helpless animals. Michael Vick should be eaten alive by a pack of starving pitbulls yet our dog **** management team and our dog **** coach felt like it was okay to bring that piece of **** on board. A piece of my Steelers loyalty died the day we signed him.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Really? There are so many that have done this...

You can accept him if you want but I'd prefer not to have him on the team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well that is saying something when you'd rather have a disadvantaged human being beaten and possibly injured permanently before an animal. You don't have any daughters do you? A vegetarian?

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A disadvantaged human is far more able to protect themselves than a helpless animal. Besides, he didn't torture and kill a human, although what he did was still despicable. Vick tortured and killed numerous animals.

Me having daughters or being a vegetarian is irrelevant. Mixon didn't torture or kill anyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know you weren't accusing me of preferring one or the other but to be clear, I loath Vick and didn't watch while he was starting here. Fortunately for me, that didn't last long.

He also removed the lips of one of the dogs to make him look more intimidating, **** Vick forever.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Brady might not be there after this season :shrug:, New England might not be a destination for free agents.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1