1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Predict the Steelers key FA signing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The steelers always shop at the dollar store in FA, you all know that by now, they never make any big splash signings in FA.....

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Your joking right? We signed Landry...D.Johnson...made sure Toussaint wasn't going anywhere....Oh! you aren't joking? Well I am:hehehe:......and it looks like the Steelers are too:shrug:. Can't really blame them we can't afford the market these top tier guys are going in. We can use at least a small upgrade for our secondary and OLBs though....hopefully the bargain bin has a couple surprises....

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not like we don't have some guys here to extend with that money though. tuitt, AV.

:cool:

4. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    agreed and actual guys that are elite talents.

5. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Well, not Amukamara anymore, the Bears got him.

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep , but with a short time left for your star QB , you would think they might grab him another weapon or get some better talent on D....I knew they weren't going to go to Louis Vuitton, but at least maybe Kohls...

7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    We have two CB, Artie and Ross, an aging Slot/nickel in Gay..... And unproven untested Shabazz & Golson as backups!!!

It's a premiere position that if you find talent it will cost you. It's a passing league!!!! Missing on not signing Cooper was a Huge Mistake.

Now instead of drafting a CB in RD 3 we'll most likely need to go rd 1 and push edge rusher to the 2nd

Cajun

8. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
  9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Exactly. All the big $$ players on O won't get us to the dance if the secondary continues to be abysmal.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am looking at what is left on the fa market and I am thinking about the talent in this draft. I look at our needs, a back up RB - another WR - OLB - ILB - CB - maybe a TE. The draft is deep at OLB, CB, S, WR, RB and TE so I feel like we should make a move for a ILB in FA.

Some guys I like are Brown(27), Hodges(26) and Minter(26). But the one guy I would really be interested in is Te'o. I am not sure if he signed anywhere yet I did read he was visiting the Saints but I think with what is left he is our best option. JMO