1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pouncey update?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigSteel, Oct 14, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Good grief. This is horrible news. SO much promise just sitting on the sidelines. Not his fault at all but it's just so aggravating as a fan and I can't even IMAGINE how it must feel for him. Although I'm sure the mounds of cash help him feel a little better. LOL.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's had a lot of ankle injuries throughout his career. one bad knee injury also. those start to add up and are not good for the position he plays or the way he plays. :cool:

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    GREAT SCOTT
    wutevs

4. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    which is why I wanted his butt traded 2 yrs ago and draft
    Russell Bodine UNC

Now the silly gator is going to CAROLINA to get more surgery?!?! who the f%^& is his doctor the last 4 months????
    I have a good guess it's a bartender and some stupid ass ex gator players

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i did like bodine. good player. pouncey is not the stoutest guy in pass protection but he was a guy that could hit multiple targets on the move. as we transitioned towards more of a movement front and zone blocking he was valuable in the run game. as these lower leg injuries and surgeries mount, it has to start to limit that effectiveness that he was known for. i'm not sure there is another center out there that had that trait like he had. i liken it to when casey first started out and had quickness pushing the pocket back, then he got fatter and was much less effective at what made him unstoppable in those days. he still took up space but it was never the same game he started with. :cool:

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    HMMMMMMM, I dont remember any of Cowhers players being made of glass..:hmm:

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Need to IR him. Greg Lloyd got a staff infection after an ankle injury witch ended his career with the Steelers. Open up and bring someone off the squad. It's unfortunate and what Mac said rings true, whether friendly fire or not, he has had a bunch of significant injuries and now a setback with an infection.

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    oh no you didn't

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  10. tarheelsteel

tarheelsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Can this be the new featured thread? Definitely my favorite going right now.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Good thinking. :thumbs_up:

12. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    A
    Must be reruns of games with Dermontti Dawson
    I know he's not talking about Wallace

13. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    HELL NO
    not with cookie crisp Jarvis still out there
    playing patty cake out there with defenders

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I like pouncy when he plays. He misses too many games. Draft a center in April

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm beginning to believe that we will talk about Pouncey with regard to how good he could have been if it weren't for the unfortunate bizarre injuries from his own teammates.

16. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess he`s a "china doll"???!!:ACK!:
    UGGHH!!!

I agree that it sucks he`s been hurt so often,

And I have to tend to agree that after you repair the human body so often, it doesn`t ever heal quite the same again...

BUT...

Suggesting that he is "injury prone", is just completley asinine!!!:@

He plays CENTER on the OFFENSIVE LINE!!!:shrug:

Have y`all seen HOW his injuries have occured?!?!

He`s not "out of shape", or born with a body that led him to be succeptible to injuries, from cutting the wrong way, or whatever...

He has had his legs rolled up on, or hit from behind, by his own teammates, or other players, every time!!!

You wanna fault him for getting an infection, after his latest surgery?!?

That is just beyond ridiculous!!!:mad:

Now, If you wanna argue that he is over-rated when healthy...

I mite be willing to listen...

I don`t focus on him, every play, after the snap, and he plays one of the most difficult positions in football...

I tend to believe he is above average at calling out protections, and doing his job, once the ball is hiked,

Based on what I hear/read about him...

But, "Injury prone"???

"C`mon Man"!!!!

He couldn`t have done anything to avoid what happened to him, on ANY of his injuries!!!:eek:

Should we be ready to find a replacement?

Probably...

And that` a damn shame, because none of it has been his fault, but I don`t know if his body can heal from the multiple leg injuries, at a position where leg strength and stability is at a premium...

He deserves a chance to come back, and prove he can or can`t play at the level they expected, and got from him, when they drafted him.

Here`s hoping he bounces back, yet again... But realistically, it gets more difficult, every time the same part of the body gets repaired...

GO POUNCEY!!!:herewego!:

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Some people are more susceptible to injuries than others, that is just a fact.

Yeah he only missed one season, but he missed the playoff twice when we truly needed him. No, its not his fault, but how many more times do Steelers let that happen to them?

First sign that injuries are catching up to him he is gone I would imagine.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys sticking up for pouncy being hurt. How many games has his twin brother Mike missed? I don't know the answer just asking/

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you guys are forgetting his ankle trouble coming in. he played on bad ankles or feet the first and into his 2nd year i believe and had surgery on both in the off season back then. then the roll up knee injury. now the ankle. he came out of college with the first ones. all ankle,feet and a knee. bad injuries for a mobile type player against big men. all i'm saying is it eventually takes it's toll on the body. we could use a good young center/guard type in here even if it's behind him for a few years. wallace isn't young and legs is beat up. :cool:

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is better than what we are trotting out there now,
    but overated in my opinion, Plus can't seem to stay healthy,
    lot's of cash going to person unable to stay on the field.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol:

22. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Looks like he's missed 6 games in his career so far: 2 in 2013 and 4 in 2014.

Maurkice has missed 23 and counting, not including playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  23. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012

That doesn't paint a complete picture. In 2011 he had also missed all the playoff games including the Superbowl that could have turned out differently had he played. I'm not knocking on the guy but wanted to say that for full disclosure.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans are clueless blaming Pouncey for getting injured, he has gotten injured by players falling into his legs how is that Pouncey's fault?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012