1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pouncey and Foster got paid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Mar 7, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not much has really changed. Pouncey gets an extension with a couple more million and has been a perennial probowler. Le'veon should be writing Pouncey thank you letters for all of the key blocks he's had for him over the years. I can show plenty of videos of subpar centers that you do not want as your starters. He's also a team captain not to mention a prerequisite to signing Ben.

Foster has been consistent and works well on the line. It was a two-year deal. They save 6 mill by trading Gilbert who was riddled with injuries. Matt Feiler played well in his absence. Finney and Okorafor played well also.

Long story short, no offensive line = not winning. This solidifies the offensive line to focus on skill positions in free agency and the draft.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Never said you could have a garbage oline I just said when has a team who heavily invested in one money wise won anything?

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It all depends on how it affects the cap and if it prohibits us from signing the vital pieces we need to fill the rest of the holes. It's great that have these guys back and a very good OL but if we don't fix our D it's not gonna matter. The O still has to find a way to replace ABs production as well. It's easy to say oh we'll just do this and that and it will make up for it. Easier said than done...

4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    No I have no statistics for you, but the Steelers have two of the best offensive lineman at center and guard and just secured up another veteran guard. That is a good thing.