1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Posting problem

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by Nah85, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This only happens on my ipad or iphone but more often then not, as soon as I type a letter the keyboard goes away, repeated for every letter I type. What's up'?

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure. I can't recreate that on my iphone or ipad unfortunately. Do me a favor though. Next time you try, hit the Go Advanced button first and see if that behaves differently.
    [​IMG]

If not, try the "switch editor to source mode" button. It's the first on the left in the toolbar above the text entry box.
    [​IMG]

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've looked into this a little further, and apparently it's an issue a lot of ipad users have in general on the web. The consensus seems to be that when a page loads javascript elements from an external source, and the process isn't finished, the keyboard will disappear if you're typing. That's the cliff notes version anyway. The answer seems to be simply making sure the page has finished loading before entering your message. I've added some functionality for mobile browsers that should help with that if it is causing the issue for you. Hopefully I've been of some help.