1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible show-stealing moves by the clowns?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blitz, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    A possibility that could play out in tomorrow's draft that I havent seen mocked or suggested.

Browns- Quenton Nelson #1, Bradley Chubb #4.

see if they pick Nelson #1, unless Chubb is who the Giants are targeting, than they will go Saquon or QB. If they go Saquon, then Chubb is there @ 4 because Jets would then take the #1 qb (jets would probably take a qb no matter what.) If Giants took Chubb then Browns can either take qb#2 or Saquon would will now be running behind Nelson.

If they don't get a Qb with either #1,or #4 then now one of the top 5 Qbs is now falling by virtue of the fact that it waswas 'expected' that the Browns would take one with one of their two. This creates the potential of a Lamarr Jackson or Rudolph falling way down to the 20s where the Browns can then use their draft capital to trade back into the 1st and acquire a 3rd first round pick, their QB, with the 5th year option. To a willing trade partner.

They will look like geniuses, maybe even win a few games.

Just some wayward thoughts on the top of the draft situation .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I will admit Mason Rudolph's highlights are pretty impressive. He seems similar to Ben in that he doesn't seem phased after the initial pass rush gets there and people are falling all around him. His eyes are still downfield.

That said, god I want weapons to win a SB this year or next year. I'm not thinking about the future yet..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Possible show stopping moves you say?

The Browns, or rather John Dorsey, let go of his Personal Bias and take, reputed by many, the best player in the draft in Saquon Barkley and go for whomever their "Franchise Quarterback" is at pick number four. That would be show stopping as it finally shows the league that the Browns Front Office has discovered some competence on team building.

However, considering that Dorsey loves the NFL's proverbial "Holy Trinity" of Quarterback, Pass Rusher or Left Tackle, expect him to take Darnold, Mayfield or Allen at pick number one; Chubb at 4 soon thereafter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think it's almost impossible for the Browns to screw this up, but you never know this is the Browns.

But, like Jimmy Johnson said, "It's not the picks, or the amount of picks, it's what you do with the picks."

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I still think Barkley at #1 and Nelson at #4 are the smart moves.

But I think it will be a QB followed by either Barkley or Chubb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    RB Saquon Barkley at #1 and at #4 they take QB Lamarr Jackson, hehe...

7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Somehow the words Cleveland and showstealing just don't seem to fit in the same sentence

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I enjoy the show the Browns put on every year. It's what I call a "**** Show". Nothing could be more entertaining.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    They will screw it up. They will either take the wrong quarterback, or draft a player that gets hurt walking to the podium.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    There is no way a reasonable Steelers fan will ever be able to understand how the Browns front office operates.... we are just wired too smart compared to that inept organization.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Your not winning in this league without above average QB play. You have the take the QB at 1 that you feel is your highest rated and gives you the best percentage of being right....
    At 4 you could take Barkley if he's there or you can choose to bookend Garrett with Chubb and be set at Edge for years....there will be a couple solid RBs available in the 2nd(Michel,Chubb maybe even Guice. If you can get QB,Edge and RB with your first 3 picks, your on your way. Well maybe Cleveland isn't but any other team should have set themselves up lovely....

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns aren't going to pass on a QB with both of those picks, they already passed on Wentz and Watson and others.

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm still convinced Jimmy Haslam is once a Steelers part owner, always a part owner.

He would rather lose money than see the Browns succeed. :lolol:

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Plausible :lollmao:

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015

think outside the box, I like it. I still think they go QB with #1, just because you can pick whichever guy you like best. Plus if they go RB, then you would have to think some team like Denver at #5 may jump up with the NYG. Then Denver takes a qb and NYJ takes a qb, so you're down to the 3rd qb. But if they don't favor one over the other (I find that hard to fathom), then they may wait on a qb.

16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    If I were Dorsey, I'd take Barkley at 1 then still have a shot at one of those top-3 QBs at 4

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I really do think it will QBs going at #1, #2 and #3.

I think Barkley will be there at #4.

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Man I just don't think the Giants can pass on Barkley. Eli could easily play 3 more years I think.

19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    That absolutely makes sense. I just don't see the Giants as that bad of a team. I think if you are in position to take a potential franchise QB you do it.

If the Steelers were picking at #2, what would we be hoping for?

• Like Like x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    In our scenario with Ben playing 3+ more years I would take Barkley in a heartbeat. Behind our OL with our weapons....oh my! I like Bell but he would be gone and Barkley would be ripping off the long runs Bell can't do....our O would be terrifying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, Dorsey knows what he is doing. It will be up to the coaches to get this team winning 6 games.

22. TIMSBURGH

TIMSBURGH Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Did the Clowns do it again I can't believe they took Mayfield at 1 ?
    Were they hoping Barkley would be available at 4 ?
    The 4th pick in Ward good pick but maybe a few early I thought they would take Chubb the DE after Barkley was gone. RB from Georgia another good pick.

Everything they did depends on Mayfield working out huge risk I think !!

23. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    They had a really good draft I think, at this point all their woes are on their coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

The Giants just had some pieces in the wrong area or said pieces were not available.

Now that the pieces are in place, they are an early Super Bowl favorite.

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, they should see a nice turnaround d this year. Barkley running behind Hernandez. Should be fun to watch.

Them they go after Lo Carter and BJ Hill on the defense AND pick up Lauletta at QB who could be a real steal.

Gettlemen nailed it.

On the flipside, what did they give up in passing over Sam Darnold. Will be fun to watch.