1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible 2015 Magic?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Back in 2015 in week 17, the Steelers had to beat the Browns, and the Jets had to lose to the Bills for the Steelers to get the 6th seed to make the playoffs. The funny thing, a week prior, the Jets had a huge win beating the Patriots. And the Steelers lost to the Ravens. I'm pretty sure a lot of people, including me, thought if the Jets was going to lose a game, it was going to be against the Patriots. But when the Jets won, I was thinking the Steelers playoff hopes are over. I was not confident on thinking that the Bills would beat the Jets to help the Steelers get into the playoffs. But it happened. Not saying the 2018 Ravens are the 2015 Jets. But in 2015, coming into week 17, the Jets were one of the hottest teams. They were on a 5 game winning streak. I am just hoping that some of that 2015 magic can happen again next week Sunday in favor of the Steelers. The Browns have been playing really good lately. And are on a 3 game winning streak. They already beat the Ravens back in week 5. So it's not impossible for them to win again. I know the Ravens are a scary team right now. But I am just being optimistic. It's very interesting that the Ravens will be rooting for the Bengals. And the Steelers will be rooting for the Browns next week.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    1) that was the Jets
    2) with KC, LA, Houston losing and NE playing like crap, Ravens are the hottest teams in the AFC

....but there is a chance. I'm sure the Browns want to finish with a winning record really bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It’s kind of win-win for the Browns, they are going to upset a division rival either way.

Crazier things have happened. But it’s the Steelers fault it came to this.
    I also remember Ryan Succop missing an easy kick, had he hit it, Steelers would of got in with a 6th seed in 2013. Which would of been remarkable as they started 0-4 that year.

That 2015 season steelers almost made it to the AFC championship game. They were leading and driving until Toussaint fumbled. Then manning took over and Broncos went the super bowl and won, I think it was better though, I don’t think pittsburgh could of gone to New England that year and won, to get to a super bowl. They were really hurt that season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Steelers running backs are good at fumbling big games away.. Ridley yesterday. Toussaint that game.. Mendenhall in the super Bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes it’s been troublesome. Imagine if Ben wouldn’t have made that tackle in Indy when the bus fumbled. There was a guy who almost never ever fumbled either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Your right. But also, Le'Veon Bell did not play in the playoffs that year. And Antonio Brown missed the Broncos Divisional game, from getting hurt in the Wildcard game against the Bengals.

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea
    Yea I forgot about that one. Ben saved his ass and his legacy

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Damn. I remember that play. When Jerome Bettis fumbled that ball, It felt like my heart was going to pop out of my body.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Seasons over lol

We made the bed and are lying in it, with our own poop

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1