1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Positives & Negatives

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by StrongasSteel, Oct 30, 2022.

1. StrongasSteel

StrongasSteel Member

Jan 8, 2017
    From my spot on my couch, things I liked were:

• Malik Reed played well, saved (for a moment) a TD
    • The Claypool pass for a TD (and Claypool's overall tough play--esp. the one where he dragged a bunch of Eagles for a first down). He shows flashes of Hines Ward. Maybe he's maturing.
    • I thought more of our 3rd down passes went beyond the sticks, although a couple long (and incomplete) ones on 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 were excessive risks IMO.
    • Muth brings it.
    • The fake punt.
    Negatives:

• Not challenging the completed pass to Pickens
    • Najee Harris; I cringe when they hand it to him on 1st down. If he gains 2 yards, I consider it a positive for him. Start Warren already!!!
    • Not taking Witherspoon out earlier (although he seemed to be with Brown on the TDs) since Pierre seemed to do better in the 2nd half. May have been due to Eagles turning off the jets at that point.
    • Pickett's ****ty pass to Muth over the middle on 3rd down that was WAY off target and killed a drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Negative
    Offensive line
    Coaching

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Negative We showed up to play the 6-0 Eagles. LOL

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good analysis.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Negative,, MT and Canada still have a job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Your digging deep to find positives from that game.

To quote the great late Chuck Noll.....
    " Our problems are great, and they are many....."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Spot on.

8. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Positives?......I'm positive Tomlin needs fired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Those are all good points. I didn't read the running thread for the game, but I was expecting more mention of that poor throw by Pickett. Some of what went wrong yesterday was beyond his control, but he can't miss opportunities like that.

Tomlin absolutely blew it by not challenging that completed pass to Pickens. I doubt it would have changed much about the result, but that is one the coach has to challenge.

Witherspoon needs to be benched. Hopefully, Wallace and Pierre are ready to go in two weeks so they can keep him there.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Do You people watch the game???
    Enough about Najee, and Warren. Did anyone see the yards Warren got when they actually run Him on first down....like is asked every 1st down for Najee???
    I don't know why I'm asking.....because apparently You didn't, or You would stop saying this.
    Also in the History of the NFL.....the backup RB almost always has a better running average per carry. It's all about who the D is focusing on.
    Just like Claypool throwing a TD....You could say ....stupidly.....Hell Claypool is a better red zone Qb than Pickett, or Trubisky.....things are always easier when they are not what the D expects.
    None of this is said to take anything away from Warren....I Love the kid, but for people to use common sense.....
    Again not all...., but most of the people saying this, are the same that were so sure it was Ben holding Canada's offense back....let that rest on Your tongue for awhile, and think about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

You make a pretty good point there. I do agree.
    I know I am somewhat of a fan of playing Warren a little more but as I said somewhere in here:
    - Najee is by far the better athlete.
    - Najee is getting hit almost as soon as he touches the ball (yards before touch are probably crazy bad)
    - I think, maybe Najee is still wary of that foot?
    - Warren does hit the hole with a little more decisiveness.
    - Canada is doing Najee no favors.

So at best, I just want to give Najee a little time to heal more. He's clearly the RB I want in the game.
    Heck, maybe give Najee more carries with a little offensive changes, he does get better the more carries he gets. Maybe that's the ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How original

And how long did it take you to that develop this deep thought

We are all proud of your accomplishment

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He forgot more about football than Cowher or Tomlin will ever know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Positives: Steelers have a bye week and we won't have to watch them play
    Negatives: too many to list

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    najee new job dancing with the stars positive negative the steelers this is sickening everyone blaming everyone. steelers players loving the hit Hargrave put on kenny .Tomlin wont change anything will just blame refs positive hard knocks tv time for them NFL happy

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Have you heard anything about his status? If he’s playing through a lisfranc, they are doing him a huge disservice by not shutting him down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    And we're still waiting to see if you ever accomplish anything at all, Mrs. Tomlin!! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They liked a post by Hargraves sacking Pickett

Diontae Johnson:He dropped the phone
    Chuks Okorafor: The guy that got beaten like a rented mule and allowed the sack from Hargraves
    Marcus Allen: He's still taking up a roster spot?

Wonderful teammates.

19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm not sure I can completely agree with your take. You are somewhat correct about Warren's 1st down carries but in the Eagles game there were only 2 of them. One went for 1 yd and the 2nd one went for 3 yds. Not great ypc but still better than the 4 carries for 0 yards that Najee started off with. I think we can all agree that this line is simply not good enough to produce much in the ground game but after re-watching every one of Warren's carries from the Eagles game, it's clear that at this point, he is a much more decisive and punishing runner than Harris. You are correct though in saying that no running back will be successful behind a bad line and terribly predictable play calling.
    I just see no reason at all not to let them split carries. Warren's 6 for 50 and Harris' 8 for 32 is not near enough carries to help out a rookie QB.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Look

With my help you are now processing thoughts more quickly

Mental stimulation is our friend

• Like Like x 1
  22. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Rooney Rule. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for it, but in this case we have a head coach that has out lived his coaching ability and the other person Matt Canada should have never been hired. So if they intend to not fire anyone because of the rule and there image then get out of the football game and let someone else take over to save us fans from being humiliated ever week. The mighty dynasty is falling fast like a run away train.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t bring your racism into this

24. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    You are always negative with your comments. That isn’t racist it is the Rooney Rule. I don’t give a dam if they hire any color of any race just so they can do the job. I don’t care if they hire you.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s not the Rooney rule once they are hired

Don’t bring your racism into this