1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Who deserves the Game Ball for the W @ CIN?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Antonio Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rashard Mendenhall

80.0%
  3. Ben Roethlisberger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lawrence Timmons

20.0%
  5. William Gay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Ok, so that's it: Who deserves the game ball for this one?

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I voted for Gay as much as people hate him I thought he played well today

3. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    <------------------- def william gay

4. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Shared between Brown (huge catches) and Gay for icing the game
    But to be honest, looking at the full game Brown was overall better at his job than Gay at his, so he gets my vote

5. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I voted for Gay too. Please don't tell my wife. She is Soooo tired of hearing me complain about him. When he had the pick, my comment was "Why him?", to which she replied "Who cares!" Oh well... :towel:

6. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :lol: :amen:
    Who on this forum can honestly say William Gay would ever be CONSIDERED for any game balls this year?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Aargh that was tough. I voted for Gay as well. His pick edged him over the rest.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Brown's catches were clutch but Gay's catch saved the game. I had visions of de'ja'vu all over again before that pic.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Everyone has called for Gay's head over the last couple years. Honestly, he has played his tail off this year! Yeah the game winning t.d. against the ravens last week was bad, but i've seen even our most heralded defenders get toasted over the years... A-LOT!!! Gay is not who I would choose to anchor one side of the secondary, especially with all of the glaring d.b. issues the Steelers have had over the years, but I give him his props for elevating his game this year!

10. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sorry Gay didn't give up the game winning Touchdown against the Ravens, that would be Ryan Clark who blew his coverage over the top. But I have to vote for Gay, he played a good game and was the only one to jump the routes they were running right up the middle of the field. Not once but twice first he tipped the ball to Timmons and the second time he picked it himself. Gay is responsible for both of those interceptions and he has been playing at a high level this year.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm wondering how long this Gay love (so to speak) will last. He was playing well until last week, when he had a stinker, and instantly we all remembered how bad he has been in the past. Hopefully after this week he'll get a little slack, and we can can perhaps note how our safeties have been as much a problem this season as our CBs.

I'm not defending the fact that sometimes he seems to take a play/game off, but I don't think he's alone on the defense in that respect.

I voted for Brown, after re-watching some of those catches - guy just does not duck out of a catch. He has black and gold in the blood.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I voted for Brown as well....I thought Ben's throws were a little off and he went up and got them - and only in his second year too.

I would love to see our DB's anticipate the throw the way Gay did yesterday. That was a thing of beauty... :drinks:

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Def Gay all the way. An interception and a tipped ball for another gets my vote every time. Gay is playing much better. Carnell must be getting into his head. He did stink against Baltimore so I question is consistency

Bman

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, as much as I never thought I'd say it, I have to vote for William Gay, too. This was a good game for him and he definitely helped seal the deal for the win.

15. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    lets hope he play like this the rest of the season

16. Still Exiled

Still Exiled Member

Nov 14, 2011
    My first post on this board.

Gay played (uncharacteristically) well and Brown continues to get open andmade a great catch at a key point in the game. Seriously, though I think many Steelers fans -- including myself -- take for granted how lucky we are to have a truly elite QB.

Ben was a beast yesterday. He took an incredible beating (13 QB hits, many of them hard and blind side) but,as always, he popped back up and never flinched from hanging in the pocket to make a play. Can you imagine the other so-called elite QB's -- Brady, Manning, Rivers, etc. -- standing up under that kind of punishment? He made a number of tough, "stick" throws into small windows throughout the game and his management of the no-huddle offense on the drive in the third quarter was a key factor in the win.

These are the "good old days" for Steelers QB play. We should collectively give Ben more credit.

17. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    After what I'm assuming was a lot of years unable to post on the old message board, did you ever think your first post would be praising William Gay?

I voted for Ben. He played an amazing game. He threw two TDs, and the INT wasn't his fault. For every good catch Brown had, Ben's throw was better. That 3rd and 19 throw was amazing. His only bad plays all day were taking some sacks that were his fault, and overthrowing Wallace.

Gay might have had the play of the game, and it was extra amazing because it was him, but I don't think he had such a great game all around. I felt he was inconsistent, but I haven't re-watched it yet. Ike was only targeted twice, and had two passes knocked away. Gay is still the weakest link in the secondary by a mile. No, ten miles. That said, I'll take "inconsistent" over "consistently terrible" any day of the week, and I definitely believe Lake has a lot to do with it.

18. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I voted for Gay.

He sealed the deal. It was the biggest play of the day.

19. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I voted for Gay as well, sealed the game in my opinion. However,I didn't see the game except the last 10 minutes when CBS switched off the cowpuke game and put the Steeler game on.

20. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I voted for Antonio Brown because I just couldn't click the button to pick Gay. I was trying to click the mouse button but my hand was shaking and I was having flashbacks of him getting burnt dozens of times. He's having a good year and he had a good game but I need a few more good games before I can ever vote for him.

Blitz

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol: