1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll - If it came down to these guys for round 1

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Charles Harris - OLB

2. TJ Watt - OLB

3. Christian McCaffrey - RB

4. Carl Lawson - OLB

5. Marlon Humphrey - CB

6. Jabrill Peppers - CB/S

7. Gerald Everett - TE

8. Jarrad Davis - ILB

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I did a very early 1st round mock just to see who could be the possibilities for us at 30. And I came up with these remaining players. Assuming you can not trade down, who would you pick at this point (before free agency etc)?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'd hope it wouldn't come down to this group only.:cool:

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No way he's there but if he is they better take Peppers. They really got him dropping that far?

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    just my scenario, but I see him all over the board in the 1st and 2nd

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    No way peppers makes it to #30 but if he does it's a no brainier !

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    McCaffrey= smart ,comes from a football family. Fast and instinctual runner. Excellent receiver out of the backfield and can split out. Can return kicks and punts right away. Him and Bell would cause fits if they were in the game at the same time due to their flexibility offensively....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I voted Peppers but would have no problem with McCaffery either. I think another name to put in there that I keep reading a ton on is the LB from Vandy Cunningham. I haven't done a whole lot on the draft yet but with the little I have done I think the S class is pretty good and the RB class is a place where in rounds 3-5 we could get a bargain. It has been said this class is real good at edge rusher so in the 2nd we could still get a real good one, jmo.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    This is based on my first round mock for every team and Cunningham is not available. I had him going to the NY Giants, but if they pass, I think he definitely ends up in KC. Either way, he wasn't at 30. I would love to have him though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Harris...because that position is just a must, period.

Unless they make a splash in FA with someone like Ingram

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Ingram would be nice but pricey. Do they have the cash? Wonder if Nick Perry would be a little cheaper?

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd like to see Ingram here too. If not in turtle's scenario I'd take Watt.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I did not take into account FA signings.

Defensive guys gone are :
    J. Allen
    J. Adams
    D. Barnett
    T. Charlton
    G. Conley
    Z. Cunningham
    R. Foster
    M. Garrett
    M. Hooker
    S. Jones
    M. Lattimore
    T. McKinley
    T. Tabor
    S. Thomas
    T. White
    Q. Wilson

14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Everett is the best tight end left? Howard and Njoku are bothe gone? Cause I keep coming back to Howard being a dark horse pick for us, with everyone having us go defense.

But in your above scenario, I pick Peppers. I do see more and more drafts where he's dropping into the early to mid second round. Just think a lot of people look at him and don't know whether they have a linebacker (too small), a safety (again, not a big guy- I'll be surprised if he hits the 6' mark at the combine), a cornerback (doesn't have the coverage ability), or the worlds greatest special team player. But I think in the burgh he slots right into the strong safety spot.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yes, I have Howard and Njoku gone. Gerald Everett and Evan Engram would be the next two in my mind. I would salivate over getting Engram in the second. I'm not as sold on Bucky Hodges as most but he could be a 2nd round target as well for some teams.

16. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I would like to see the offensive players chosen. Cause if your talking about a player who is going to be the deciding factor in 1-3 games a year for the next four years, I could see taking one of the big 3 quarterbacks if they fall. It seems every year we're relying on Landry Jones to carry us at least on game, and up to now it hasn't gone well.
    Ben's openly musing about retirement has to move the timetable up for finding a replacement, someone who can be nurtured for a couple three four years before he's handed the reins.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Offensive guys:

D. Watson
    M. Trubisky
    L. Fournette
    D. Cook
    C. Davis
    M. Williams
    OJ Howard
    D. Njoku
    R. Ramzcyk
    F. Lamp
    C. Robinson
    J. Ross

QBs Kizer and Mahomes are out of the first in this scenario. I would have Kizer going to Cleveland first pick of round 2.

18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Guess I would have to seriously consider Kizer then. I would probably use him to replace Everett in your list, because even though TE is a osition of need, Everett is at best a late second round choice.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not so sure McCaffery is an every down type of player capable in NFL?
    I would call him a gadget type player, not sure he could stay healthy either?

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure he isn't an every down player, not sure any of us can predict that but he is 6' 202 which isn't small but could put on a few pounds. IMO I feel this is the kind of player that would work well in our system. Is he Bell heck no but I feel he has the best skill set to fill in for Bell in our offense. If we went him in the first I am not gonna lie it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. The NFL is turning into an offensive league so I have no problem spending a high draft pick on a player who could turn into a special weapon.

If we pass on him I am fine with that as well but I would like to look at Hunt in round 3-4. He is another guy who can catch the ball out of the backfield, I would like a RB in this draft for the "just in case" factor. Just in case Bell goes down with injury or just in case we can't sign Bell long term. It sounds like we are gonna tag Bell so that buys us a year but if we don't sign him long term then at least if we draft a guy this year he would have some experience. JMO

21. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Harris by default. Position of need. Peppers is tempting though.

22. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i don't get the whole peppers thing. where are you gonna play him? I get the secondary needs help but for me, based on this list, Humphrey is the pick. no way once combine happens he is there but he is a man corner. fixes immediate problem. as long as we play man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wasn't sure about Humphrey, he's evaluated all over the place. Still very early in the process for me. He's 45 on Daniel Jeremiah's list and 21 on CBS' list.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    desmond king and adoree jackson 1-2 would fix a whole bunch. davis and king at safety and jackson and burns at corner with cockrell/gilbert taking over the slot. throw in a harvey-clemons next to shazier and we could cover just about any team out there. a guy can dream can't he?:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  25. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    he is 20 years old and has size. I think its hard to evaluate him because he was left alone a lot. he has some issues sure. he has great instincts. he has size and good speed. I am not sure what he will run but I know he has covered some really good wrs. he tackles well. and not that it matters but he comes from good pedigree. bobby Humphrey is his dad