1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Fate of Mike Wallace?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Mar 1, 2012.

1. A. Long-term contract signed with Pittsburgh before 2012 season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B. $2.7 million tender; remains with Pittsburgh one more year, then leaves in 2013

50.9%
  3. C. Plays for $2.7 million tender, & re-signs in Pittsburgh after 2012 season

7.5%
  4. D. Pittsburgh gets a 1st round draft pick & Wallace goes elsewhere within the next month or so

41.5%
  1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    NOTE: THIS ISN'T A POLL ON WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN, IT'S WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE WILL BE THE FINAL RESULT...

If you think Pittsburgh re-signs him, how many years and for how much will contract be?

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm still saying they don't release Hines unless they're fairly confident they have Wallace for this season at least... and I think more than that.

3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I really truly hope that Hines Ward just decides to retire in the next few weeks. It will seriously break my heart to see him just wilt away to nothing before he retires. It'd be so much better for his legacy if he just goes out now...

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why?

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Players don't like to put off the big money. If he did that and then gets hurt this year, the injury could cost him tens of millions of dollars. So the only realistic options if you ask me are #1 and #4. The middle ones won't happen.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Why would a team give up a 1st and pay a huge impact contract to wallace. If i had to give wallace 10 mil or jackson you better believe im going jackson and keeping my pick. The pick is going to turn a lot of peoplr off.

7. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I've thought the same thing, this is a pretty deep class of WR's... And nearly all of them other than maybe Bowe should come cheaper than Wallace (Jackson included b/c of his age).

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Hell if he leaves we will probably go after one of them..

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    because the Rooney's didn't even offer him a roster spot if he took vet minimum. So this tells one thing: after 14 years of watching him and knowing his game inside and out, they just plain and simply didn't think he has "IT" anymore.

I don't think anyone in the league could gauge that better than the Rooney's. A lot of people doubt anybody will even sign him this year. Before all of this happens and it's made out to be that he's washed up and done, I really wish he'd just retire and go out able to hold his head up high.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    does anyone know if we can trade our first round pick if wallace goes? compensitory picks in the past for losing players from the prior year couldn't be traded. does this fall under those terms? :cool:

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I voted for C.......will we have any more money to pay him next year?

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i agree is one or four and a lot depends on how much the steelers want wallace and if they are thinking the first round and the cap are not so bad

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Before I saw the Colbert piece I would have said D for sure, but now I think they will get a long term deal worked out.

14. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I voted A.

Colbert was extremely adamant (sp?) at that presser that they were going to do everything in their power to keep Wallace. They have backed that talk up in the past few days by making business decisions and letting people go to save up money. I think this team has a plan in place to make sure they do not lose young talent like Wallace, Brown, and heck even Pouncey a few years from now.

I think the Hines decision was part of this plan as well. Obviously it's pure speculation but a plan that is in place to sign Wallace and then Brown next year more than likely will involve losing Sanders. With Cotchery's status being a question mark at this point, I think the Steelers know that they need to get another young WR in there to learn the system, contribute on special teams, and then hopefully be able to step in as a #3 or #4 guy in 2013. The organization loves Hines, there is no doubt about that. So I believe that they really just felt they would be hurting this team by allowing him to dress each Sunday and take reps away from a guy that currently is not on this roster that they will need to significantly contribute in two years.

I trust the Front Office and I don't think they will let a talent like Wallace get away.

15. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think we will sign him before this all starts to a long term contract. Otherwise we will get 2 first round picks this year and better hit on both of them.