1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Polamalu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BurgherBoy7, Oct 16, 2011.

1. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Peter King on sunday night football just said all steeler fans can have a sigh of relief because the injury Troy suffered was not serious and that he should be fine to play against Arizona sunday....concussion like symptoms but apparently he talked to someone with the team who says its not a concussion and that he should be fine

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Great news, we know all to well what happens to this team when Troy is hurt.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That IS good news. We need Troy dressed and healthy. I forget the stats, but statistically when Troy's out, we aren't so hot.

4. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hard to believe that it's even possible for TP to get a concussion.... with all that hair it's like having 2 helmets on! HA!

5. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Living here in Maryland and not being able to view the game directly, the one thing that I am not clear on (as I had to listen to the game on the computer via the radio), is... Was Troy hurt making the play on third and one or was he hurt after receiving the helmet smash with Ryan Clark for making the play?

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Troy was hurt making a play but I'm sure the headbutt from Clark didn't exactly help.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm far less concerned about our short-term needs (Arizona, NE) than I am about Troy's long-term health. Too many concussions will end a guy's career before his body is ready. We could lose years of awesome Troy P-ness if he gets too many. If this really wasn't a concussion, then I'm glad he can play this week, but I'm very very happy that it won't count against his concussion tally. For his sake as a person, and for our sake, needing his skills for many years to come.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, I'm amazed at how many still underestimate the severity of concussions. I have no love loss for Vick but did you see how a little tap to his helmet this week made it seem like he was run over by a truck? I guarantee you he is seriously screwing himself over. I don't want that happening to Troy, if he's good to go, great, get him in there, otherwise sit him.

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe Ryan Clark's head butt fixed the problem. :scratch:

10. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lol: :banghead: :roflmao:
    That right there's funny.

11. remote steeler

remote steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Stats are not good when his is out....and also not so great when he is playing hurt....i.e. the achilles problem like he had late in the season/playoffs last year.

He is a one man wrecking crew when healthy. Our D counts on his style of play to make it work.

We need Troy to stay healthy.

12. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Found this from a USA today article
    "During the last two seasons, the Steelers are 14-4 when Polamalu plays but 5-7 when he doesn't. He missed 11 games last season with a pair of left knee injuries." Thankfully it looks like he will play this week!

13. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Thanks, I loved that!

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry to hijack this thread but when I read your comments about the stats I could not help thinking of the other stat I read about us being 16 wins and 1 loss when Hoke starts :-D

Bman

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes its a very good point. I believe TP has had 7 concussions and medical professionals say each one preceding the other happens more easily. I think he has to be careful in order to play with the Steelers for many years to come

Bman

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bman, you write above the quotes here, too! :confused: :blink: :drinks:

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks, that's the one! :thumbsup:
    :eek:

18. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member