1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Polamalu injured

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just saw Polamalu misses second straight practice with rib injury....great just what we needed.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I read earlier that he hurt his ribs weeks a few weeks ago, and that it's not serious. I also read it won't prevent him from playing Sunday.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    As long as he can play on Sunday I don,t care if he ever practices

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    So wrong....There is a reason teams have practice during the week....Is it ok to give vets a day off during week to "keep them fresh"late in season, sure....You dont just say at the end of the day on any given Sunday....."See ya next Sunday morning"....Dont work that way BSF!!!!!Not even for super stars!!..."How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"....PRACTICE!!!!!!

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    He's been listed on the injury report for about 2 or 3 weeks with that ribs issue. He'll play this one.

Health has been an issue all his career.
    He has missed games, plays inside some games, and the most hurting consequence of all: he's been underperforming (at least, at what he used to set as a Standard for him).

I wonder if it there's something linked between his injuries and the fact that he's been taking reps during offseason with a trainer instead of the rest of the team for many years.

Miss the Old Troy, who used to make big plays week in & week out. We do need that Troy back!

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Our defense drops to the next lower level (good) if Troy misses any time, and our chances for a successful playoff run dramatically fall off as well since our team relies so heavily on our defense. It would be a different story if our offense could be more consistent but until that happens our defense is still the core of this team. Because of that, I agree with Big KY.

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    maybe that's why he didn't dive at the ball near the end of the game, it landed only 4ft away from him, he usually dives at those.. either the rib pain or his reactions are slowly disappearing , that INT would've meant game over

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

9. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When he misses games we lose to good teams.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    good thing we are playing the bungles then. :yahoo: :cool: