1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Please RUN between the tackles!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go Deep, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think a major factor in this game is slowing down their pass rush with downhill between the tackles runs. Make Dummervill and Miller stop the run and wear them down!

2. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I haven't watched the Broncos, but I listened to the latest Talkin Steelers Football and Mike was commenting on how far outside Dummervill lines up to play the pass rush. So yeah, I think up the gut is the way to attack this team.

3. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Go Deep,
    Couldn't help but notice the irony of you screen name vs thread topic. I agree on needing to get the running game going, all it can do is slow down the pass rush and free up the play action passing options. Not to mention wear out the defense and control the TOP.

4. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ha Ha! I didn't notice that? That is funny! While I love seeing the deep ball I also know that the running game and defense wins!!

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Denver got some good guys in the middle too. Their DT's good enough to let DJ Williams roam free.

6. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Ben needs to get the ball out of his hands very fast. 3 step drop, quick release. Wr, rb and te screens. Should be interesting........

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep ben needs to take 0 hits