1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Please just run the no huddle.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Aug 26, 2016.

1. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I realize that this game was against the Saints and all, but please Haley and Tomlin. just run the damn no huddle (not necessarily the hurry up) and let Ben do his thing!!! Is that really any different than what the Patriots do? No it isn't and Ben has a better supporting cast than Brady does!!! Yes, Bell or Williams running the ball is important for balance but you can also run those guys while in the no huddle!!!!!! This type of offensive game plan could literally make this a lethal offense while protecting Ben just like the Patriots protect Brady!!!!!! AM I WRONG?????????????????

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Been saying that for 2 yrs now.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Haley wants to feel relevant

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Haley IS relevant.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Like Haley said it's his plays and his game plan Ben's just calling them. When he was asked about it last year he didn't seem to mind at all. Its not like Ben is out there drawing plays in the sand.

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben is still not a true General ....At one time Ben was not anything close to that ...He has learned and got much better at it , he is elite QB ready now , but there is another level ...Is he OC ready ? I don't think so just yet...He needs his eye in the sky from the booth and he needs Haley to give him the right peeps and the correct schemes ...This is how he is most effective ....

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't going to run the no huddle the whole game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Packers colts and giants will lead the league this year in no huddle plays and use it about 45% of the plays , some offensive coordinators trust ther QB to run it, some dont maybe a little control freakiness comes into play, Arians had no problem letting ben run the no huddle, Haley seems to be a little more insecure in using it, we have all seen Ben execute it effectively before so it's not his fault if it doesnt get called....

9. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes I do agree that we simply couldn't run the no huddle the entire game but I would just die in happiness if they would let Ben run it about 40-45% of the time. The fact that it could be Haley's doing or Tomlin's doing of not running it just pisses me off like no other! Good Lord, we have a first ballot HOF QB who's days are getting somewhat limited and they won't wake the hell up and be more aggressive like that! I do not live in Pittsburgh so I don't hear the sports radio talk about the Steelers, but for those that do, is there some chatter about this from fans?

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think we should run it a lot too. Ben is good at it and the tempo change keeps the D on guard. Can't run it the whole game, but shoul run it often

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well now, I'm sure he still does it.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Of course lol (acting like I knew that)

13. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    There not the 90's version of the Buffalo Bills...

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well how the no huddle work out for ole chipper in Philly?