1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Please answer this question as I'm interested in how the group sees things

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dominilate, Sep 27, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's the type of throw that concerns me the most, quick slants. Remember Vick being able to drop a 40 yards bomb on Wheaton down the sideline for a 70 yard TD but then couldn't hit the most gifted receiver on the team for a 3 yard slant and get a 1st down? That is what I was thinking about yesterday.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m sorry mason can actually deliver a deep ball.., you know and open up some space for najee

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Mahomes, Herbert, Cousins, Lawrence, Fields or really any top 10 QB under the age of 30.

I still stand by Lawrence.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hey now!!!

I said Lawrence!! :lolol:

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's deathly scared to throw the slants and seams in the middle and when he does he's late and gets the receivers creamed! He's the limiting factor. Defenses know this and we see what's happening.

6. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I can HONESTLY say that if the Steelers were to pick up jackson, I would not watch a single game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why? Jackson is far better than any quarterback on the current roster. Even with the offensive line problems, his talent as a runner would open up room for Harris. By all accounts, he is a good guy. He doesn't seem to lack toughness. Sure, there is a risk that his style is going to get him hurt and he is somewhat limited as a passer, but the Ravens have a damn good offense despite all the injuries at running back. They have a good line, but the real key is Jackson.

I don't think it would happen and I can understand disagreeing with getting him if they could, but why would that upset you so much that you would not even watch the Steelers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Would I like LJ over anyone we have now? Absolutely. Do I think he’s able to lead a team to a Super Bowl? Not really.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lamar solves all Canada's "issues". :facepalm:

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep, I'm looking forward to TNF as Lawrence will face Burrow. At the present moment Burrow has a better cast but I'm guessing a few years from now these two guys will have a few battles in the AFCCG. Really wish the NFC had both of them.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A franchise QB pick in the 1st round 2022.

Get used to this team struggling for a few seasons. They will live and die with Statue Ben under center this year(providing he doesn't get a major injury). Its the retirement tour.

I for the life of me don't understand why Ben came back except for the last money grab. He knew this was a total rebuild of the offensive line, a new offensive scheme (although I haven't seen much of it). He cannot play as of old. He can't move and when he does it's cringe worthy. He has been hit over and over again. He sits at this pressers and doesn't understand why the offense is not working. Look in the mirror! It's over. It's OVER.

12. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I absolutely hate running qb's. I want a qb who can run, but is a true qb first. If jackson were to get a knee injury that would require a Dan Marino type brace, he isn't even a back up in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Ben had an O-Line last year? Really?

Another gem.

How do people come up with these things?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Mason's throw was timed at I believe 1 mil an hour slower than Haskins' at the combine. His arm is better than people give him credit for. It certainly is better than Ben's at this point.

15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Have you watched him throw a ball in a game? He throws a decent deep ball but doesn’t have the zip to throw a 15 yard out. Pay attention Lobo

16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Only rated your post "against the rules" because the picture of Jag-offs and Bungles in the AFCCG made me throw up.in. my mouth.:hehehe::bitetongue::puking2:

• Like Like x 1
  17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I was 100% pimping Bridgewater when he was coming back from that horrific knee injury in Minnesota. Was showing great talent before the injury, and would have had adequate time to heal as a back-up to Ben before this year.

18. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Doesnt matter who the OC is. The OC's here have been placating to Ben for a while now. They are going to do what Ben wants to do. Ben is stubborn and honestly his whole career has not really had to learn a "new" playbook just rehashings with new terminologies at times and some slight wrinkles to what he had from the previous OC.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s partly not having a top-tier arm, but even more about lacking accuracy when throwing to crossers running perpendicular to him (whether in the middle or towards the sideline). He is much more accurate hitting a vertical runner in stride. I will say that in the Browns game last year he made some throws to moving receivers that I didn’t see him make in 2019, so I have some hope that he’s worked on that aspect of his game and improved.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't want to talk out my backside but I think that 4th down swing pass to Harris was a big middle finger to Canada from Ben. I've seen similar play calls where he looks off the back and goes to the endzone instead. That play was so bang bang it was like he said I'm going to throw it no matter what, even if Harris isn't open or ready or not.

21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Well they had fired all those bullets at that point so not much left they could have done. TOMLIN logic 101

So instead of trying to keep the game alive and throw the ball in the endzone with 4th a goal from the 9 you throw a 1 yard swing pass with 5 defenders on the running back because……. We already fired all the bullets.

I mean guys….. WTF

• Like Like x 3
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin logic...:roflmao:

23. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Any good coach would have zero issues winning with Ben Roethlisberger as their QB. Saying this is all Ben's fault is ridiculous.

Fichtner had 1 very good season as our OC in 2018 , then in 2019 we lost Ben for the season and he were totally unprepared to play without Ben. The Duck and a rookie Mason were our back up Qb's...who's fault is that?. The issue with Ben came after Tomlin made the decision to totally change the offense in 2020. They wanted to use the passing game as our running game and it has totally failed. This experiment got Fichtner fired and replaced by an OC that IMO has shown nothing to think he was a capable offensive coordinator. I saw his act in Wisconsin. We stunk. Everyone gives Canada credit for our running game....we had an O-line that was absolutely devastating to anyone we played... I could have ran that offense. His claim to fame is motion? That makes him a genius?

We are learning right now just how bad Matt Canada is and how poorly Tomlin prepares his teams for games. His lack of leadership right now is glaring. The fact that anyone thought we could run that O-line out there with Ben at QB is insane. They actually thought that offense we saw in 2020 would some how have success. That is 100% on the HC. Guess they thought if Ben throws the ball in 2-3 seconds the line doesn't need to block. Who knew that doesn't work well when you are 3rd and long? If you can't run the ball you will be in 3rd and long. How on earth did they think we could run out an O-line made up of backups and successfully run when you have no deep threat and a TE that can't catch? They hinged the entire offense on a rookie RB and TE to compensate for the fact that they knew the O-line would fail? None of this makes sense and to put this type of QB in that position to fail is just moronic on many levels.

24. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I have no faith in Rooney but if the Steelers go 3-14 or something ridiculous maybe TOMLIN walks away and goes elsewhere. Idk what to think anymore I’ve been calling this for years and the writing has been on the wall for anyone paying attention.

Like Heinz says after the Jags playoff debacle that was the final straw and it’s been downhill since and now here we are…. Comparable to the Jets and Lions as the worst teams in football.

25. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben is amongst the worst starting QBs in the league right now. He's in a tier with Tua and Winston.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1