1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 5, 2019.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Bullsh*t! It's all Belicheck. Put Brady on any other team and I bet he doesn't win anything. There's a reason he was afraid that Bill was pushing him out the door.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DoctorHver

DoctorHver Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Andy Reid the serial choker when it matters and clock management is not his strong point when Kansas finally win another super bowl I suspect someone else than Reid will be their head coach. Scored their final TD too early seen that script before usually it doesn't end well, butm I didn't bother with OT. I find NFL overtime rules to be the worst in all of pro-sports. Its effectly decided by flip of coin.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The OT rules are fine. With a Super Bowl on the line, if you can't stop a team from marching 75 yards to a TD, on your home turf, then you don't deserve to win.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I suggest "Black Sunday" but please not The Patriot, Patriot Games, The Brady Bunch or Tommy Boy. :facepalm:

5. NJSteelerFan

NJSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    But after the Steelers beat the Pats, everyone said they were done...:cautious:

Another Patriot Super Bowl and most likely another win for the “Evil Empire”. :getsick:

After the jobbing of the Saints and now this, how much less appealing can the NFL get?

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So Belichick will take the Rams run game away and force Goff to throw.
    A no name Patriot DB will have 2 picks and be MVP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am not.

Aaron Donald and Ndamokung Suh can collapse the pocket for certain. Dante Fowler Jr. has played better as of late the same. The secondary is still a concern of mine though. It is not very good but has played better the last couple of weeks sans this Championship one.

Offensively speaking, I think that, if Gurley can get better, the Rams have a good chance of winning. That being said, scoring some points is going to be key.

9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe it is..but it still counts. 9 Super Bowls in 17 years?

HACK

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I picked the Rams to win the SB early in the season. Sticking with it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BussyMcBusface

BussyMcBusface Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Really? Another SB I'll have to endure hoping it doesn't happen?

Thank you very much AFL...

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    A mathematical improbability if you ask me. They are 1 out of 16 teams each time. Something has never added up.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    How can you line up off sides in that situation of the biggest game in your life?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Failure. Complete and utter failure of the Steelers. Epic failure.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The Giants are better than them - just don't play them enough.

The Pats are given 6 wins every year by an inept division, get a home game and a playoff bye most years. They take advantage of other team's mistakes. I can find a team better than them most years, but sometimes the better team doesn't win.

I think KC is better than them. I think at the end of the year Indy was better. The Steelers were better this year. The Steelers and Chiefs both beat themselves with stupid coaching, poor execution and a lack of discipline.

Does it mean the Pats are the greatest or their opponents are just undisciplined and self centered?

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Wade Phillips has had success against Belichick and Brady in the past the same. Add the fact that this verison of the Patriots is not as powerful as the one he faced in 2015 and I do like their chances. That being said, both Talib and Peters need to have good games; Peters especially. Suh and Donald will also be key. Interior pressure is the best way to get to Brady.

Offensively, Sean McVay is going to have to pull out all the stops this time. Stay aggressive. Attack for 60 mins.

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’ll just agree with @HeinzMustard patriots will win.

I think this is Steelers fandom worst case and likely will happen following the seasons pattern

18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Apparently it's because the Patriots are the greatest.

19. DoctorHver

DoctorHver Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Thats obvious, some say Bill was onto something in Cleveland until Modell descided to uproot everything and move to Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He wasn’t offsides.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Mason Rudolph era can't get here soon enough....cuz we ain't doing sh!t with Ben. There....I said it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Please everyone stop saying this lol

23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Brady is the goat...40 years old...****ty D...Edelman, and who else at WR...A slow motion Gronk...Hate it but true

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Its mind blowing how one coach can have a team full of mostly average players, ang goes to the SB year after year..While another {coach} ;) has a team of Star players since the day he stepped through the door and he cant even get them to wipe their own ass .. :hmm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014

The Pats will find some weakness - see what Kamara did today. They'll use their back like that. Also not sure how the Rams will defend Gronk.

Draws, screens and traps to neutralize Rams D line and use their aggressiveness against them.

Not saying I want to see it, but....

• Agree Agree x 1