1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff Senarios

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ROBLISBERGER, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This is what Ive come up with and I think its pretty accurate

Win Division if:
    1. They go 1-2 and Balt goes 1-2
    2. They go 2-1 and Balt goes 2-1
    3. They go 3-0 and Balt goes 3-0
    That's all pretty much clear

However if Balt goes 3-0 then the Steelers will have to at the very least go 2-1 then this is where they get screwed because the only way they make the last seed in this scenario is if Tenn and the Colts each go 2-1 and Miami goes 1-2.

Balt remaining games are: Home Bucs..@Chargers..Home Browns
    Colts remaining games are: Home Dallas..Home Giants..@Tenn
    Tenn remaining games are: @Giants..Home Wash..Home Colts
    Miami remaining games are: @Vikes..Home Jax...@Bills

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens are not going to lose at home to the Bucs. The other two are possible, but I think the beat the Browns at home in the final game.

Face it, folks. The Steelers are going to have a five-game losing streak by the final game and they are going to miss the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    sorry but this team does not deserve playoffs. They should field scubs against NE and just call it a season. Go back to the lab haha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They already are. All 11 regular defensive starters

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The best case scenario they have to get in still is the Steelers go 2-1 win their home games with the Patriots and Bengals and the Ravens go 2-1 and lose one of their games to the Bucs, at the Chargers, and home to the Browns. I don’t think they have any chance of getting in as a wildcard if they go 1-2 the rest of the way and finish 8-7-1. You gotta believe that either the Colts,Titans or Dolphins one of those teams is gonna finish 9-7 so unless all three of those teams somehow all finish 8-8 and looking at their remaining schedules there is a good chance that doesn’t happen especially with both the Colts and Titans playing each other in week 17.

6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I dont see any possible way they go in the Superdome and win that game. So they HAVE to beat the Patriots, which seems unlikely. McDaniels has to be laughing all week in the offensive meetings. Its like shooting fish in the Solo Cup.

7. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They will have to prove to me in a big way the next 3 weeks that they can even compete in the playoffs. The defense is awful.

Blowing a 16 point 2nd half lead against the Chargers at home.
    Not being able to make one stop one the final drive, against a 2-10 team, when you offense gives you the lead.

Not feeling confident at all they can slow down Brady, and Brees.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The only way, and I mean the ONLY way (see below for further explanation) we go to NO and win, is if we let Ben light it up. We need a 21+ pt lead going into the 4th, because this D can't play 60 mins.

Normally, I'd say that we have a shot if (and a BIG if) the coaches were to study the Dal/NO game and figure out how (besides a better D) they held Brees in check for 60 mins. But we already know that we "don't let other teams dictate what we do. We do what we do".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm looking forward to the massacre in new Orleans.. We should all have our popcorn ready for that one

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Probably colts.

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We need to go 2-1 to make the playoffs IMO. Ravens will also finish 2-1.