1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff roster changes?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    What changes will help us win a playoff game?

1. Bench Bush. Play literally anyone else in his spot. He has been especially awful in run coverage. Spillane please.
    2. Waitman must punt; not Harvin. I feel bad for Harvin but Waitman is 15-20 yards better per punt right now. A 30 yard punt from your own endzone = 3 points for the other team.
    3. Continue with Hassenhaur at C. Use Green as a sub-G if we have to.
    4. Is Tuitt available and healthy? We badly need help on the interior DL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Come on Benny, Stop it! You're actually making sense. And that ray of optimism you were sporting there for a while - actually helped somehow. Now if the Steelers can catch the Chefs sleepwalking next Sunday Night, thinking it's their deserved Bye, maybe....just maybe..........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t disagree with 1-3, but 4 is long gone for this season. Even if he miraculously showed up at the facility saying that he’s ready to go, there’s no way he’d be in game shape. We have who we have.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hopefully we get Dotson and Moore Jr. back.
    But I agree with most of what Benny said up above. I might see more of Gilbert and Allen in the ILB spot. Bush never needs to see the field again. Shobert and Spillane are not world beaters but they are all we got.
    Mondeaux is another I wouldn't put on the field.

5. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Bush had a good rookie year. He had a serious knee injury and has not been as good. I feel like Bush is playing better as the season progresses. I agree that Spillane should get more snaps than Bush but I think Bush will make a comeback next year.

Tuitt isn't going to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Regarding Stephon Tuitt... is it fair to say he is done as a Steeler as a whole? No word yet I know but he does have quite the hefty cap hit heading into 2022; $13,975,750. All I can say is ouch. Tuitt's ability is not being placed into question here; when healthy, he can flat out play.

However, what will his emotional and mental state be like heading into 2022. Bear in mind that we have already bore witness to this via Devin Bush Jr. It is likely that the Steelers will have to due their due diligence regarding Tuitt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with 2 and 3.

Bush should play, but the leash should be short.

Tuitt is not going to play.

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They aren’t serious about winning if Waitman isn’t punting. Should’ve had the Ravens playoff like game for experience too.