1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    6 teams in the AFC that are 5-3 or better. The rest of the field is looking at elimination with another loss or two.

Patriots
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Steelers
    Titans
    Jags

We are just as likely to be a 6th seed as a 1st seed. The titans and Patriots games will decide our playoff spot. I think those 2 teams are also the worst matchup for us. Mariota is the typical steeler killer kind of QB IMO. Brady owns us. IMO the Titans and Patriots worry me the most.

2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I agree. I said the same thing before the season. The Patriots are my biggest fear, but Mariota is a boss.

We own the Chiefs, so whatevah. They're incredibly talented, but we find ways to win.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I still don't think this team is going to win 12 games. I can see at least 3 more losses, maybe 4... even with the cupcake schedule. The Steelers are overrated and there's nothing they've done in the past 8 games to convince me otherwise. Definitely the worst current 6-2 team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers beat the Patriots, but lost to Titans, Bengals and Ravens.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Eh better than vikings but yea pats saints rams would beat us

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Forgot about the Vikings. If they had Bridgewater all year, they would be even better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m with ya, we do seem kinda overrated but all teams have flaws. This team looks lackluster but I feel they can compete with the big dogs if they have to

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We're going to end up somewhere between 14-2 and 6-10. Take that to the bank.

What remains in between those records is playing up to potential and health. We're not overrated. We're underperforming. If this team rounds in to form (big if) like they usually do in the second half of a season, only the Pats will have a chance to beat us. And that's only because they're our kryptonite.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think you meant "just as likely to be a 4th seed...", no? We have our division in hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    And why are they the "worst" 6-2 team because you say so? Most experts and efficiency ratings have the Steelers in the top 3, just because you're a member of the chicken little brigade and the sky is constantly falling doesn't make it true. The Steelers are a very solid team and at worst will end up 12-4 book it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Steven Leonard

Jan 2, 2017
    So if the the Vikings had teddy Bridgewater who hasn't played in almost 2 years they would of beaten the Steelers?

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Pretty much impossible to be a 5th or 6th seed unless the Ravens become great somehow. We will win our division which is 4th seed at worst. We will have 1 home game if we do not get first round bye.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres 1 team left on the schedule thats a clear cut problem, NE.

Only other game that concerns me is Cincy and not from a win/loss perspective. I just want to come out of that one healthy. Too late in the season to be sustaining injuries. Birthdefect will be looking to maim someone for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Hey HM...You and jim92 outta get together and tell each other everything's gonna be ok!!...maybe even hug!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Steven Leonard

Jan 2, 2017
    You must be talking about a different QB the Bridgewater ive seen isn't that much better than Case Kenum.

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    A consistent QB is vital. You are right. Bradford without the bum knee... would be Super Bowl caliber. Bridgewater hasn't proven anything. Tom Brady is Darth Sidious, Sauron and Hannibal Lector rolled up into one. Until the Steelers defeat him...there is no hope. There is no 7th Super Bowl.

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This years patriot team isn't unbeatable, and even when they went 16-0 the giants beat their ass in the SB, we will beat them this year, brady has to make it through the next 8 games without getting injured before anyone can make them the odds on favorite to repeat, and brady has a losing record in Denver 3-7, denver usually beats brady up with their pass rush, so denver could get another win against brady sunday night, at least denver thinks their defense matches up well against brady...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This is the only alter ego the Steelers D needs to focus on [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

You are correct. I didn't think that through completely. I guess my point is the top 6 teams in the AFC IMO are pretty equal. All 6 have issues. I give the teams with the best QB's and best defense the edge. So that puts us in the top 3. Problem is I can see us losing several games we have no business losing.

I agree 100% with the statement made on this thread... We are not over rated. We are under achieving. That hits the nail on the head. We could and should be the SB favorites just based on talent. Coaching wise I think we might be the weakest of the 6 teams. Talent wise there isn't a team in the league with our talent. Top 10 QB, arguably the best RB and WR in the league. Top 5 O-line. Top 5 Defense. Top 5 pass rush. Top 5 D-line. If this team does not win the SB it's a failed season. This is the weakest playoff field I can recall in many years. Eagels and Rams look like the real deal. The Patriots are the real deal just because of Brady and Bellicheat. After that it's a bunch of teams with lots of potential but plenty of issues. Could be the weakest QB year I can remember in decades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    More nonsense the Steelers aren't the weakest coaching wise :facepalm:, Belicheck and Tomlin the only HC in the top 6 with playoff success.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    And whoever Tool was talking about in the song "Sober".... Tom Brady lives and acts these words when playing the Steelers:

I will only complicate you
    Trust in me and fall as well
    I will find a center in you
    I will chew it up and leave
    I will work to elevate you
    Just enough to bring you down

22. The Renegade

The Renegade Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    The biggest X factor that Pittsburgh has right now is that they’re healthy. That could change on a dime, but that is a huge plus for them going into the stages of the season when health really matters

23. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I don't trust this team to sweep the remaining division games. Furthermore, they'll lose one of the Titans, Colts, Packers, Cheats, Texans games. That's at least two more losses.

24. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Tomlin has a HOF QB and more talent then the other 5 playoff contenders. We can argue this till the cow's come home but there's one fact that deniers refuse to accept. This team has underachieved since winning the SB in 2008. We consistently lose to bad teams with less talent. Too many people here take Ben for granted. Having a QB like Ben w/ Bell and Brown is a huge advantage. Luckily we're in the AFC North because I suspect Tomlin's record would be much worse.

25. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    AFC North has averaged 2 playoff teams since 2008...I don't believe that Tomlin's record would be much worse!! Data suggests it's a competitive Division.

• Agree Agree x 2