1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

playing down to the competition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by deebs11, Jan 2, 2012.

1. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    :shrug: we win against denver , but I can't see a blowout . we always seem to let bad teams hang around

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's coaching. Tomlin is just as happy with a 1 point win as a 21 point win. Problem is we have no room for error, as in the 2nd raisen's game which cost us #1 seed.

:FBAI!:

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If we lose to perhaps the worst NFL QB of all time, I may drink myself to death just to relieve the pain.

4. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I'll drink to that.

5. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

If the Steelers are only up by 4 with about 5 minutes on the clock I think my heart may just stop anyways.

I see a 17-14 game though. Honestly could go either way also. Both Offenses are too inconsistent.

6. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If we lose to this team, then Tomlin and Co. need to answer for it. Denver has to be one of the worst playoff teams ever. Hopefully this isn't like Seattle vs. New Orleans last year.

7. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just hope we play smart and put them away early.We always let teams hang around.For once,Let's have a lead and keep our foot on the pedal.I would love to go too Baltimore!! We need to take care of the Donkies first. GO STEELERS!!

8. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    The fans in Pittsburgh will never hold Tomlin to any form of accountability, this is a fact. You find endless threads wanting Ariens fired, how many do you find addressing how Tomlin handles this team during his 5 years or calling Tomlin out? Tomlin's win by one point mentality, his lack of emotion, failure to hold players accountable, inability to correct deficiencies with the O line have gone unnoticed but yet the fans want Ariens fired? Nothing more than the double standard. Steelers win Tomlin is a great coach, Steelers loose fire Ariens.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While I haven't called for Tomlin to be fired yet, he is definitely on my list of people to keep a close eye on. I will give him a break since he's still a young, inexperienced coach, so he may not understand just how bad the BA and Ben combination is. Not to mention he comes from a defensive background. With that said, our horrible offence cost us the division this year and is going to be the reason we don't win the Superbowl this year as well. Our defence keeps us in games year after year, it's time for the offence to step up and win some games for once. If that doesn't happen, which I doubt it will, BA needs to be fired and Ben needs to be held accountable. If Tomlin doesn't do that, then as far as I'm concerned, he can be shipped right out of town too, because I'll be done with him

10. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011

I have never called for Tomlin to be fired, but as I attempt to say in my post fans need to hold him accountable and stopping avoiding the fact that the buck stops with the head coach. I can accept when the Steelers loose, but have a difficulty time accepting for the past 5 years on how the Steelers loose when as in the first game loss to Baltimore it appeared to be a "it's just one game" joke with Tomlin.

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Cheers :kemo:

12. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Ouch