1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Player's you would trade up for.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Scrap, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If say, it costed this years 1st, 2nd and 4th. I would so trade up for Luke Keuchley. This guy looks to be a surefire next Patrick Willis and we have had drafts where 3 picks were total misses so I would be willing to risk less picks for a 99% stud. Also I think I would trade up for Morris Claiborne just to have a potential lock down corner but he would have to fall pretty far to get him for the aforementioned picks. Any thoughts?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No way the Steelers can afford to trade up for any player they have too many needs to fill.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Obviously...but thats why he's talking in general who WE would trade up for if we could.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd trade up for DeCastro and that's about it. I just don't see anyone else that we would need/have room for that is clearly the most dominant at his position like DeCastro is. Maybe Courtney Upshaw but we don't really need him now, but if we needed an edge rusher he would be considered.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    DeCastro, and only if it doesn't cost us more than a third rounder. Even then, I'd prefer the our first and second for a first and fourth, or are first and second for a first and third. The kind of trade the OP suggests (1, 2, and 4) could put us in a hole for years to come.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Sometimes you gotta give up something you may not want to in order to get a player of his caliber. Possibly they could mix in a pick from next year to even out the "impact" of the trade. But I do not think it would put the team "in a hole for years to come". They get a stud player to fill their biggest need in DeCastro and could easily fill the NT (or even ILB) need in the 3rd...not EVERY need has to be filled/fixed in the same draft.

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not in favor off moving up in the draft unless you have multiple picks in certain round. You have a better chance of at least two or three out of seven rounds becoming a starter on your team then one.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree completely, and wouldn't call it obvious. We only have a couple of needs that need filled NOW (OG, ILB). Others (S, CB, OT, NT) could either easily or conceivably be floated down the road to lower rounds or next year.

I'd trade up for DeCastro or that linebacker whose name I still can't spell to save my life (Luke).

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Decastro, plug and play guy for next ten years. No sloppiness to the young man
    looks football ready.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'd agree on Keuchley. We need a replacement for Farrior. Not sure of the price tag of draft picks to give up, but I'd consider him a huge void filler. Yes we need linemen too, but one's not going to fix our line issues.

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I love Kuechley too but I wouldn't give up 1,2,4 for him... and we likely wouldn't have to, because that would get us to the 11th or 12th pick... I'm more for trading up in the mid to late teens for Kuechley, DeCastro, Reiff, Poe... or even Trent Richardson (too goo to pass up).

Your comparison of Kuechley to Willis is way off in my opinion, but I still like him. The guy I keep thinking of when I watch him is Zach Thomas. Not the most athletically gifted guy, but very smart, instinctive, and great technique and angles.

12. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    O im sorry yeah for a skillset standpoint I would not say Kuechley is like Willis I just meant the next young tackle machine ILB from the 1st round.

13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A few weeks ago there were 3 or 4 I would have traded for....but since then we have lost a starting LB..3 WR's, 2 DL, and a G........5 of them started the season as starters... ..Im more interested in trading down at this point for more picks in the top 3 rounds.

HACK

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that is one guy i could see dropping. i'd love decastro , but to give up a ton to get him is nuts. he's still a guard and i'm not seeing him as the next coming. let's keep things in perspective. this guard class is pretty deep with guys that can play every bit as well. some go way overboard on this guys skillset compared with others. he's not flawless by any stretch. he played RG in college. could he help? sure, but i'm not willing to mortgage the whole draft over him. :cool: