1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Players needed to fill second Fantasy League!

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2022.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Much appreciated, not proud of how I handled the whole thing and glad we can move on without further disagreement or bad feeling.

Happy New Year to you too

• Like Like x 4
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, just seeing all of this this morning. I’m glad the two of you have been able to turn down the temperature a bit. I agree with @Thor that the league’s “can’t cut rules” are flawed. The dismantling of a team should never be able to happen, and I fault both the league platform and the GM who blew up his team. Whoever did that should be banned from FF participation in the future.

@TuRnDoWnForWaTT I am not going to load my roster with players that were dumped by a GM who inappropriately dropped his star players. I started 2-6 and have won 7 straight to make the championship game. Win or lose, I’m going with the roster that I built. If I need to find someone to fill a spot due to injury, I’ll grab the best player that I can. It seems unlikely that I’ll need to do that. I may grab a kicker since Zuerlein has been pissing me off lately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I went with my original lineup for the Super Bowl. I know my view on the matter is different than the rest of you. Wanted to make sure the game was fair to all.

Best of luck today. May the best team win.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s a close one right now. I think I must have accidentally hit the “optimize” button, because I’ve got Mike Williams on my bench for Zay Jones… Oops.

5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I was feeling pretty good until Kirk Cousins took the field. Lol

I think it is going to come down to Mixon vs the Bills to determine the champion.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It appears I have officially won the Championship. What an odd way for our game to end. Congrats on a great season. As my kid would say "GG". :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Congrats. It would have been really, really unlikely that Mixon would have made up the difference had the Monday night game continued. It was too big of a deficit. I left a crapload of points on my bench, but I never seriously considered starting Daniel Jones over Dak or Aiyuk over Metcalf.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Wow, I missed all this. Yeah, you’re not supposed to be able to dump players like Hill but I guess NFL.com only lets one player per team to be on the no cut list. He wasn’t able to drop Diggs.

That’s a total dickhead move by that guy and he won’t be back. That was the Ravens fan, we allow him to post here as a non Steelers fan and he shows his gratitude by trying to sink our FF league. Piss off dude.

I don’t think this will be a problem moving forward because the rest that participate in the league are regular members of the board, I don’t see anyone of us doing that but whoever runs the league next year can certainly address that at the beginning of the season. No purging your roster once eliminated.

9. The Thrillfreak

The Thrillfreak New Member

Aug 7, 2023
    I just saw this, I am game to join if there is room. For me to be live in the evening anyday, but I will have my order set up for auto if need be