1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Players needed to fill second Fantasy League!

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2022-8-22_23-26-40.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Assuming you celebrate Memorial Day the same day everyone else celebrates Labor Day, fine by me.

Anyone have an issue with 3pm on Labor Day? @SteelersFanIrl? I heard happy hour in Ireland kicks off at 10am. Just want to make sure the name you send to the podium is still legible come 8pm.

[​IMG]

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    In my defense, if we wait until Memorial Day I will know exactly which players to pick. So it is a solid draft strategy. :facepalm::lolol:

4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Quick note: I noticed that the league Ray set up last year, also dubbed 'The Steelers Fans', was to auto-refresh this season so I changed the name of this year's league to 'TSF Varsity 2022' to avoid confusion for anyone that played last year and was using the same team name.

We've got 8 of 12 already signed up. Looks like @TerribleTowelFlying , @blackandgoldpatrol , @bignasty92 , and @thorn058 are the four remaining. Friendly reminder to register over the next few days if you can. If we get to this time next week and still have vacancies I might have to send invites those on the waiting list (@Lizard72 , @SC Gamecock , and so on) to get them filled so the draft can take place on Labor Day.

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Need league Id and password

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up... I typoed and sent it to @bleednblackngold by mistake. Resending to you shortly.

7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    All set and ready to win this thing

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will get registered in a bit. I was having issues with NFL.com two weeks ago with the NFL+ setup and a recent phone upgrade so the day you sent the invite things went wonky.

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm in

giphy (11).gif

• Like Like x 2
  10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same for me. Long work week these past few days, but I'm looking at it now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm in :rawk:

• Like Like x 1
  12. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Need it as well. I was in Steelers Fans II last year.

13. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    In
    Im interested. But do we have enough for a second league?

14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Thus far I see Lizard , Gamecock , soulkitchen and you. So we'd need at least four more if Irl and I played in the second league as well. I see mainly three ways to try drumming them over the next few days: @Blast Furnace could change the title of the pinned FF thread announcing 4-6 are needed ASAP for a second league; if you know of other members you think would play you could drop them a PM; or you could drop a quick PTI message in a couple of the more heavily-viewed threads in the Steelers Talk forum directing interested parties here.

Like I said, I'm happy to set up/play in a second league so no one is left out, but the late start this year tightened the timeline.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not overly interested in a small league. I'm already in my regular league and in a new dynasty league this year too. I was hoping to be in the initial league on here if anything. Just keep me posted

16. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    The minimum (if only four more were found) for the second league would be 10 teams. I remember a guy telling me rather nonchalantly once about his league. It had six teams. Everything else about it - scoring, roster, bench, etc. - was normal, just had only six guys playing. I don't know how they got a lot of enjoyment out of that, but to each their own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I tired, it only changed on the regular thread, the feature thread remained the same. @TerribleTowelFlying has to work his magic to change it.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks TTF! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  19. soulkitchen

Oct 25, 2015
    My request is in. LMK.

20. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Any one with a league I can join needing players? I’ma very active player

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    If it comes down to needing one or two more shoot me a response and I'm always up for another league.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I am REALLY late to the party and apologize for my absence.

I'm not about to step on anyone's toes, and thanks for picking up my slack.

That said, if you need a player to fill a spot, hit me up. If not, it's my own fault for being away so long.

23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Ray, it's great to see you didn't get sucked into the multiverse of madness. Some of us were getting concerned ;)

As for the second league, here's who I have currently:

@Lizard72
    @SC Gamecock
    @Mashburn
    @soulkitchen
    @Ray D
    @Nah85

With
    @SteelersFanIrl
    @thorn058
    and myself playing in that one as well if needed.

Can we dig up just one more player? That would give us ten, which can still be a fun time. Three more for twelve, even better. The draft could be held Monday morning or evening (or even Tuesday or Wednesday).

If anyone's on the fence, I could try booking @S.T.D for the league Super Bowl halftime show. I'd have to check with @TerribleTowelFlying for the latest TSF budget, but I think we could still offer him a six-pack of Iron City (possibly warm) and a Primanti Bros gift card with $4.72 left on it as payment.

• Like Like x 1
  24. soulkitchen

Oct 25, 2015
    Getting so close.....what will happen? Oh, the humanity.

25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    @soulkitchen
    @Lizard72
    @SC Gamecock
    @Mashburn
    @Nah85
    @Ray D
    @SteelersFanIrl
    @thorn058

It appears we now have enough to get the ten-team league going (adding myself and one from off-board).

I'll set it up by noonish Sunday at the latest. From there I'll PM everyone the link and password information.

It's important that everyone log in ASAP so the draft can take place. Speaking of which, I'm thinking Wednesday may be the best day. It gives everyone a couple of days to register, and I've had a couple tell me Tuesday wasn't good for them. As for a time, I'm open all day Wednesday. Irl has five hours on us, so we may be able to do an evening, but the earlier is likely the better for him.

For now I'll plug in Wednesday at 3pm as a default, and will change it later if needed. If you have a specific day/time that just doesn't work, let me know ASAP. I'll do my best to to find the best fit, but can't guarantee on this kind of turnaround we'll be able to find a slot that works for everyone, so try to be flexible if possible.

• Like Like x 1