1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Players/Coaches and internet forums

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bend Steel, May 3, 2020.

1. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    Broad question, but what percentage of Steeler players and coaches (media too I guess) either peruse or religiously read these discussion forums? Clearly, no one is going to be making career decisions or team decisions based upon us interweb nutjobs. I just gotta wonder if our HC/OC/position coaches has ever read something on an open forum that made him alter his own coaching. I wonder if our young new recruits have been here reading and read really ****ty stuff about themselves and will that motivate or deflate a guy? Hopefully neither. I would like to think that forums offer NOTHING for Tomlin/Fitchner to use, but damn, it sure seems like they could pick up some damn helpful tidbits here and there!

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’ve thought about this too and there’s probably a Ben or juju posting here lol

3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Do you think AB was RealSteel?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They are on Twitter and they engage with the stuff there all the time. I am sure players browse forums like this from time to time to see what fans are saying about them and their team it’s human nature to be curious about stuff like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I wish they'd hire me to fix this ****show.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Does anyone remember when Matt McCrane got cut, someone appeared on the board posting his college stats and challenging anyone who criticised McCrane?

Then they disappeared. It had to be either him or his dad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The league is in full discussions with all 32 teams in order to utilize your services. Apparently their records indicate that you have been affiliated with the Browns for 2 decades. Steelers are waiting for you to fix that ****show before they can run the brilliant idea to upper management.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If anything, other Steeler related news sites and blogs peruse the stuff here to get ideas for their own website. I've seen stuff here discussed and then all of a sudden it's an article somewhere else. I'm in no way trying to promote some delusions of grandeur (as a forum whole) but some folks post discussions here and then 2-3 days later its an article at some other Steeler site. I'm sure 95% of that is fans having the same mindset and the fans writing at other sites eventually come to the same idea. But I don't think it goes to the professional (NFL) level. Just other bloggers trying to get an article.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This. I am sure it happens sometimes. I doubt it makes much of an impact on anyone, especially coaches.

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I have noticed this as well.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt players and coaches read message boards, they can keep up with what's being said about them on Twitter or Instagram.

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think we overvalue our own opinions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If any of the coaching staff have visited here, it obviously hasn't helped.

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd say no players or coaches... maybe media guys for discussion topics?

I think Hines said he used to search for bulletin board material, but who knows if he ever wound up here?

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Players these days don't. They only care about instagram and twitter. Unless they're bored and tech savvy. Only player I could see is maybe Heyward. Coaches probably not. General Management, maybe? Forums it's mostly older people or their parents. I mean look at the average age on here :hehehe:

Richie Incognito got in trouble because his dad went on a forum with a username easily tied to him talking crazy.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's a low blow to the Browns!

• Disagree Disagree x 1