1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Play GM For A Minute...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 18, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now I feel quilty for calling the 3 distinguished posters who voted yes knuckleheads.

2. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    If I were the Steelers GM, I would trade Bell and Brown and terminate Roethlisberg. I have two promising young QBs. One of which will be very good to excellent. I can pay both a fraction of Roethlisberger’s contract. Bell and Brown both AH divas and there is never a reason to tolerate such a person. Trade them for as high a draft pick as possible or for an established pro-bowler defensive player. Connor, Ridley, and Samuels are just fine. The Steeler had won without Bell. The Steelers may be the best at finding and developing WRs. I would rather have the option to pass to a pride of very good WRs then pass to one AH diva. We have JuJu, Washington, Hunter backed by DHB and Switzer. So I have beau coup cap dollars and a couple of high draft choices. I do what the Steelers would never do but I want to win ASAP. I use the cap money to acquire REAL proven defensive talent in free agency pool. Since the current scouting organization seems offensive oriented, I would establish an offensive scouting group and a defensive scouting group. Additionally, I would use consulting retired proven defensive scouts to review all selections and all tape. I would draft proven football players who are athletes, not just combine wunderkinds. I would have a small group dedicated to finding talent in the smaller overlooked and disrespected college football programs. I would create a small but passionate organization within or outside of the NFL rules to scour the country for overlooked and non-college talent. It would be staffed with former overachieving free agents who were successful in the NFL. Above all I would want a certain personality type for each position for example Hines Ward and Jerry Rice types at WR. The really hard part is selecting talent with brains. Problem is brains alone won’t do, however, talent at times alone can get it done, see Ray Lewis’ playing record and his Wonderlic score of 13. Go figure! Oh yeah! Tell Tomlin whenever anyone gets out of line figure what would give them the most pain then do it. Fine them as well and give the money to a charity. Almost forgot to get rid of Porter and Danny as coaches.

3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Paragraphs are our friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Your thread title suggests that's what the Steelers have been doing when it comes to drafting defensive players.