1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Play GM For A Minute...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    No. Let it play out.

Especially in the situation the team is in now. Bell isn't going to help with the defense or special teams problems and the offense has proven that it can score without him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course it will be 100% no. We are all so pissed at him right now. Really looks like it would not matter anyhow since our defense can't stop poop.

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Will signing Bell fix the defence? They only need his signature so they can trade the a-hole for help on D

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Can we trade Bell for a new DC and maybe a new HC to be named later....

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trade Bell to the Bears for Mack

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    no way Steelers should throw more money at Bell. His absent is not the problem. Its defensive coaching and defensive players. Save your money for defense.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hope the FO doesn't cave in...I don't think the problems they have now are due to LB26 not being in the building. If the team was consistently sputtering on offense and that was the only thing holding them back, then maybe consider it, but I prob. wouldn't do it even then imo.

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Cut him. Roll all that cap money into 2019. Draft D and add real FA D help. Get new HC. Things will look much better.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If I'm GM?

Fire the entire coaching staff. Hell, trainers too, even the ball boys.

Trade away anyone over 26 who can get us a good draft pick.

Then commit sepaku for ever letting it get this far... ;)

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So basically your saying we are the Ex-lax defense:shrug:

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Missing Bell isn't the reason we are 0-1-1.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's not helping.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe Bell doesn't fumble that ball like Conner did in the 4th qtr :shrug:

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe Bell, due to a lack of heart, and a resistance to alot of carries comes nowhere close to 190+ scrimmage yards. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That's when you can get injured if you're on the field and playing half assed :shrug:.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Concur with Jeh.

Pittsburgh has been duped twice. A third time like this would yield devasting consequences. Stick with Conner.

He will grow throughout the season. In time, he will answer the call when we need him most.

17. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    This stuff with the Steelers is a joke. But they have no one to blame but the front office. For the last 4 years the defense has been terrible. The only good players on D we have is Watt and well Shazier until he got hurt. They hired a D Coordinator who can’t adjust, switches their defense and kept 12 dbs which only Haden and Hilton is the bright spot, only have 3 OLBs which 2 shouldn’t even start, Vince Williams is the only decent ILB we got, Went through this fiasco with Bell all the while they could of swallowed their pride, let Bell walk (I know it sucks) and spent that money on defense. 3 things the Steelers need to do to improve...

1) Let Butler go and find a solid D Coordinator.

2) Let Joey Porter go

3) Let Bell walk and spend that money on defense. 2 solid defensive players can be had for that cool 14 million.

But we all know they won’t change, continue to not paint with a broad brush after 4 years body of work and we will resemble popcorn.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

I wonder if this means anything.

19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Fuggin team is in a free fall. FMTI

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I was all about giving Bell the money but I am not anymore! Some names I would look at if they don't get tagged are:

Anthony Barr, Clay Matthews, Brian Orakpo & Landon Collins

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No. I think Conner is more than capable.

If he wants to play, he plays on the tag and thats it.

Next year I put the tag on him that gives us a 1st rd pick if anyone signs him.

22. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If I'm GM there is a house cleaning. I wouldn't give Bell squat as he is an example of the problem. The egos, narcissism, drama all need to go. I want lunch pail, blue collar, do your job guys. This team is turning into a circus act and you will never win anything with talent if they are fixated on themselves and not the team. Keep the offensive line, defensive line, Conner, and Watt. Funny best parts of this team and you don't hear anything from them, they just work. Yet all the underachieving bums are nothing but mouth.

23. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Well if I'm the GM I've done a poor job of drafting defensive players. Let's face it my defensive coordinator is just as bad. I've got cap some cap money. I'm going to fire Bulter, he's inept and a waste of space. I'm going to burn up the phones looking for experienced defensive players. Draft picks cash whatever it takes. Tomlin can run the defensive rather than stand there with his arms folded. All this social media crap stops now or face the consequences. The time is now, get on board or I'll make the necessary changes.

24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    He’d cost us >$23MM next year on a tag. (If I were Bell and Pittsburgh tagged me next season, I’d play in Pittsburgh for that pile of gold. Then become a free agent and leave.)

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If he promised to give his best, then yes I would make an offer of more money for this year, but I doubt management wants to set a precedent that a player on the tag can get away with this behavior in the future. Bell seems to be in protection mode until he gets a secure contract. Would he play his best even if an offer was made and he accepted?