1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh Pirates 2022

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steel machine, Apr 6, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Reached the 20 under mark!! Good times! I'm feeling real confident I'm winning some money in sports betting because the Pirates will not get more then 67 wins.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    The sad part is I am already wondering who the Pirates’ young players will eventually end up with. I see Oneill Cruz as a Dodger. Reynolds probably a Met.
    At least the usual Pirate offseason move, to sign a veteran pitcher to a one year prove it contract and then trade him to a contending club for a handful of beans, will likely work this year.

3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    One thing I'm sure of is Cruz will not be a Pirate for too long. And another thing I'm sure about the Bucs will suck next year. So glad AC has sports betting. I'm pretty sure my Pirate season bet will be a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Well the Pirates made a typical Pirate move that will probably help your bet pay off. They cut a catcher who was not hitting above the Mendoza Line, and claimed off waivers another catcher who was hitting .197 in AAA. Chopped meat out, more chopped meat right back in. The newer catcher is six years younger, though. I ain’t bothering to look up their names.
    The Pirates’ “rebuilding” process is like watching Groundhog Day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not going to be exact here but the LA Dodgers have like a 250 million dollar payroll while the boys in the Burgh are under 40 million.

How the hell does it make MLB exciting to watch????? One good thing I know the Pirates 2023 will suck as always.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Way to go boys!!!! 25 games under .500 and in last place. Can't wait to collect my winnings in AC.

Steelers over/under for wins is 7.5. I'm thinking I'm betting the under for them too.

7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Don't you dare. Lol

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah that is a tough one. Pirates sucking pretty simple but there are some very talented players on this squad and other posters make a damn good point that we really have not lost a step at the QB position. In my head it's always young Ben.

I have two weeks to make my decision. I'll be headed up to AC then.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Those battling BUCS hold on to last place and have reached 30 games under .500.

38 games to go. BUCS have 47 wins. If they go .500 last 38 (HAHAHAHAHAHA) that will be 68 wins and I'd lose my big bet. I'm going out on a limb here and say I'm going to win the bet I placed at start of season. The under which was 67.5.

Thanks Bob for another banner year!!

10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Can no one save us from this ass****?!

He's like Putin, no matter how bad he sucks, you can't get rid of him. As a member of an elite class(an owner of a MLB team), the owners group should insist that you try to uphold some sort of integrity. At least for the benefit of the league as a whole. The man is a criminal as far as I'm concerned. He sells dreams for cash. F***ing scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Our boys are battling hard for worse record in all of baseball. Washington, at present, has us by two games. Come on boys, do it for Bob!!

29 to go. They are 49-84. Going .500 rest of way would give them 63-64 wins. I'll be headed to AC to place my Steeler bet. Too early to pick up what I'm sure will be my Pirate money (they will not win 67 1/2 games) but I know I'm winning that so I'll bet big on Steelers. Win total is 7 1/2 and I'm still undecided what to do.

12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Take that $7.50
    Give tree fidy to the monster and put $4 on TS to win super bowl 80-1
    YNOT

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tree fidy....I'm not giving that monster no tree fidy.

14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    They ain't going .500 rest of the way. The wheels have fallen off

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow. Swept a 4 game series against Redlegs in Cincy. Bad week all around for Nati vs Pgh teams. :drinks::bowdown::clapping::thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course probably turn around and lose 4 straight against NYM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    you were prophetic. Nice call!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bronx Bombers finally get revenge for Maz's walkoff 62 years ago. I was giddy when I checked the score and saw the Bucs ahead 8-4 heading into the bottom of the 9th. Wonder if any of the Bucs announcers have to walk back home from NYC ala Jim Rooker? :facepalm:

19. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Well the Buccos have managed to lose 6 straight now. But the do get to play the Cubs and the Reds again. They have 94 losses so they just might not hit 100 losses for the year!

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    57-97 Go boys Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 games to go and if they win all 8 that is 65 for the year. That means I win my season bet!!!!! I bet the under which was 67 1/2. I was up there the other day and even though I won they won't pay out until after season ends.

Must admit I bet the under on the Steelers which was 7 1/2. I actually hope to lose that bet.

AC has got a bit like Vegas. I enjoy season bets and you can place a bet on who plays in SB and who wins SB. As you can tell by my signature I placed that bet.

• Like Like x 1