1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 15, 2021.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well the inevitable has happened - Adam Frazier, one of the only bright spots for the Pirates in recent times is now a Friar. It would be very ironic if he ends up winning the NL batting title and is the MLB hit champ. In return, the Bucs get 3 no name young scrubs, each with very poor stat lines. Rinse, repeat. Rinse repeat. :facepalm:

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    A weird bright spot - Frazier's rookie replacement Castro, while only batting .238 so far has 5 MLB hits - ALL HOMERS. He just set the all time record for starting a career. Meanwhile, Frazier doesn't skip a beat, hops a plane to San Diego and goes 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored in his first game as a Friar in beating the A's. I wish him well just as I wished Josh Harrison well when he departed for the Nats. What an exciting base runner he was. Can't forget Freddie Sanchez's exciting run when he won the NL batting champ title in 2006 on the last day against Miguel Cabrera with a .344 average. Also Andrew McCutchen taking the NL MVP was sweet in 2013. Not much individual player success since those two runs. ..................now back to your regular programming. :facepalm:

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sure hope SteelerG.... doesn't see this, pretty sure I'm safe in this thread. He is convinced I obsess over Philadelphia teams and he is right.

My beloved BUCS have beat my mortal enemies Philadelphia two straight. Would love to sweep them today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    The Pirates will never be relevant as long as that cheapskate Robert Nutting is still the owner.

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep and the worse part he is willing them to his daughters.

6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    42-75 And people still go to PNC to see this train wreck.

Steelers 12 wins
    Penguins 37 wins

That is so sad when it takes your baseball team until Sept. to reach the combined win total of your NHL and NFL team.

7. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Pirates did well to move Frazier when they did: while he's hot. He's a decent player who's come down to Earth since the trade. Getting a number of prospects for him from a deep system like the Padres is about as much as you can expect, and at 29, he was never going to be part of the long term here, especially with the boatload of middle infield talent the system has coming up.

The farm is getting pretty stacked, especially the AA team. The future pitching looks good with Priester, Contrares, and Yajure showing a lot of promise - I'm personally a big fan of Yajure, looks like a Greg Maddox clone.

In the short term, they need to lock in Bryan Reynolds and Ke'Bryan Hayes. Those two are studs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Can the Pirates go 8-7 to avoid 100 losses?

• Like Like x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I just hope we can somehow mess up the Phillies this upcoming weekend. It would be the high point of season for me.

10. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hoping to see Miguel Yajure get a couple starts before the end

11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    99 and counting. Beat em BUCS!!

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hit the century mark. Now they can relax. Just like the Steelers did after their undefeated season ended last year. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Ahhhhh another exciting BUC baseball season ends. Looking forward to sucking next season.

I'll say this for the BUCS they are consistent. The Steelers and Penguins look headed to downturn but at least they have great up turns. Not our mighty BUCS. Thanks again Nutbag.

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    61-101 And the beat goes on.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Only bright spot was Brian Reynolds. At least that Huntington trade has paid some dividends. Although hard to compare exactly in CF, Reynolds put up Andy Van Slyke type numbers this year with high volume of xtra base hits, homers and slugging %. He has a ways to go though in his mastery of the media like AVS. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1