1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh finished it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Smitch89, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Should there be shirts made? Lol.. F*** Mayfield and f*** the browns lmaoooo

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
  2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Send one to Tomlin!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can't even buy a playoff appearance.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am getting my wife a cricut or whatever the eff it is and I am having her make these shirts up.......hey Freddie, Pittsburgh finished it!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Nothing but the worst for the clowns!

6. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Shocked I am! Those talking heads on NFL Network had me convinced the Browns were new AFC North kings in August.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Kitchens will be a position coach somewhere in 3 years. . . . But not in Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I never felt that way clowns stink and kitchens is the king clown.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am pretty sure it will be next year never mind 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes

Not that I would buy one :cool:

12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    It’s always good to beat the suckland stains!

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Great win against another POS team in Ohio. Came back and held on to win an absolute necessary game. Was hoping that Baker Maybitch's wrist was smashed but it all worked out in the end. Need more beer to celebrate.

14. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    image.jpg

Great call Smitch89!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 3
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    YES THEY DID.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wonder if Cleveland will cancel those pre-season parade plans? :lolol::lolol:

17. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fredo Kitchens :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Maybe them and the Eagles can get together and have a pity party. All the talk around me in August was can we (eagle fans) get by the Saints in playoffs.

20. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Kitchens looks like Cleveland had a coaching job fair and some random trucker passing through town applied and got the job.

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They still have a chance to finish last in the AFCN.:lolol:

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

You seen LSU's coach? He looks like he just stepped off a bar stool after not successfully picking up a date at a local PTA meeting.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have to ask..............WHY?

All the talk and hype in the world couldn't change these facts:
    1. Including the nice 7 game run after cleaning house in week 10 last year, they are a 8-39-1 team over the last three years.
    2. Worst owner in the league.
    3. A GM with 3 years of prior experience from which he was fired.
    4. A head coach who was a running backs coach a year ago.
    5. Zero experience at "any" key coaching position.
    6. A head case at QB.
    7. Zero culture.
    8. Zero leadership.
    9. They know nothing but losing for their entire 20 year existence.

24. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea but look where LSU is.. Number 1.. So I'm sure those dates at the PTA meetings will start to pick up

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Pittsburgh finished it

By JIM WEXELL

Pittsburgh finished it.

An even better t-shirt might say something like this:

Joe Haden finished it.

The former Brown finished the Cleveland Browns, so it was only fitting.

The Steelers rallied to beat the Browns, 20-13, in what loomed as a potentially volatile rematch of a game in Cleveland two weeks ago that ended in an ugly melee.

The Browns won that game, and for some odd reason wanted to blame the loss of their madman linebacker, Myles Garrett, on Mason Rudolph, and thus the "Pittsburgh started it" t-shirt worn in public by Browns Coach Freddie Kitchens.

The Browns jumped out to a 10-0 lead, while the Steelers and their practice squad offense had gained 18 yards. They were facing a third-and-9 from their own 18 on their third possession and looked dead in the water.

But Duck Hodges took advantage of an offside Browns defender and heaved the ball to James Washington for a 31-yard gain. All of the sudden, the Steelers were showing life.

"It sparked the offense," said Washington. "It got us all going. Then after that we got Diontae (Johnsom) with the run he had. From there on we were just hitting on all cylinders."

The Steelers scored the game's next 20 points as the defense held Baker Mayfield and the explosive Browns playmakers to three points.

“We just wanted to hang in there,” said Bud Dupree. “Don’t blink, keep going. Coach Tomlin always tells us not to blink. We knew what we were messing up on. It would’ve been different if we just couldn’t stop them at all, but we knew what we were messing up on. We were out of place in the gaps and letting people run free, communication issues, all the stuff we shouldn’t have been doing.”

By not blinking, and trusting in Hodges, the Steelers held a 20-13 lead when Jordan Berry punted into the end zone. It gave the Browns the ball at their 20 with 1:45 remaining, more than enough time for a team with such an expensive offense.

Here’s how the final series broke down:

* On the first play, Mayfield threw over the middle to Jarvis Landry. It was a bit behind Landry and Minkah Fitzpatrick broke it up. But he knew he could have – should have – intercepted the pass.

* On second down, Dupree came roaring around the blind side. "I got outside and came free," Dupree said. "Mayfield still had the ball so I sped up and hit him to the side. I thought it was a clean hit."

It was.

But then it wasn't.

Referee Clay Martin continued his poor day by flagging Dupree for roughing the passer. Did he explain to Dupree what he had done wrong?

"I didn't even ask," Dupree said. "I put my head on the side, so I don't even know why they called it."

"I think he just hit him too hard," said Vince Williams. "Really."

Dupree said he wasn't concerned about the Browns being gifted a first down at the 35, "because I was going to try to do the same thing next play."

The next play was a quick 5-yard completion to the Cleveland 40, and the Browns had 1:17 left.

* On the third key defensive play of the final Browns possession, Mayfield evaded pressure but overthrew Landry.

Haden, playing as a pseudo safety in a cover-3, dove for the interception to seal the win that virtually knocked one of the most publicized teams of the offseason, a team that thought it was finally a winning team, to 5-7 and into the back end of the chase for the final AFC playoff spot.

Haden, who was released by the Browns prior to the 2017 season, couldn't think of a better ending to the script.

"No, I honestly couldn't," he said. "I'm very excited about it."

Last week, Haden missed two chances for interceptions to close out the win over the Cincinnati Bengals, so he stayed late after practices to work on the JUGS machine, so that "if the ball came to me, I was going to be able to catch it."

And he did.

Was it sweeter being able to all but mathematically put an end the Browns’ playoff chances?

“I was there for a while, so you want to get back at them," Haden said. "But for the bigger picture, I'm just excited for my team, for my guys. We went down to Cleveland and they got us out of the way, and when you're playing against division opponents you always want to get those wins. I'm just very, very excited I was able to catch the ball."

And finish the Browns.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...a-big-play-from-a-former-Browns-DB-139619693/

• Like Like x 1