1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitt '22

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Animus, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It's obviously very early, but barring injuries this Pitt team may be the best Pitt team in a very long time. This doesn't mean that they'll win the ACC or even it's division. Miami will be even better and Clemson should return to form. With that said, Pitt has as deep or deeper WR corps than most teams in the country. This group is so deep and talented that Slovis can be average at best and Pitt should get roughly 30 pts a game. And if Slovis is that QB that NFL scouts thinks he is, then watch out. The RB tandem of Izzy and Hammonds should be very good. And Cignetti isn't afraid to have balanced offensive playcalls. The OLine isn't as talented as the other offensive groupings; however, they make up for it with experience. The Covid redshirt has really benefitted Pitt and look no further than OLine. This OLine is akin to a midmajor hoops program with 5 redshirt Sr starters that makes a Sweet 16 run.

Pitt should make a 10-2, or even run the table, this season. Things can certainly happen between now and Thanksgiving. If there's a program that benefitted from Covid and the Transfer Portal, it's been Pitt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    With Jordan Addison very likely heading to USC plus 2 starting defenders about to enter the transfer portal, my feelings towards this season will definitely cool a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Happening everywhere. Sucks. For every team I see gain a player this way...then they lose a player.

4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    For me, it is what it is. I'm not mad at the player nor the system. It's just a clear sign that there needs to be a divorce between academia and athletics. If this ruins nonrev sports, so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same ....I not mad either...it just is what it is..., but I will not lie...I think it's bad for the sport as a college sport..., but I could be wrong.
    Won't be the 1st , or the last time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am disheartened by Jordan Addison, Pitt could be so much better with him. He is a Superstar.
    Pitt always has trouble with Miami, and the Canes QB is top notch. I hope Narduzzi may have finally figured
    this gig out? I am not confident of this. He is suppose to be a defensive coach but their defenses suck?

8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    With Jared Wayne returning and Konata Mumpfield transferring to Pitt, I don't think the loss of Addison is going to hurt the offense as much as people think. I think if Addison was your 2 year starter at LT, it would hurt a lot more. Addison leaving is going to give more chances to younger WR's and TE Bartholomew. As for the defense, Narduzzi just lives and dies with that Cover Zero/blitzing defense. If his DL doesn't get to the QB, his DB's are on an island. Consistently recruiting 3* guys and putting them on islands isn't a great recipe for success. It certainly works in moments, and have gotten a lot of his DB's to the NFL, albeit mid-tier starters/backups, with a guy like Jordan Whitehead being an exception to this, rather than the rule; however, Jordan was a 4*/5*(depending on the recruiting mag) kid coming out of HS.

• Like Like x 2