1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pit vs Cle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MikeFanForLife, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Was thinking about driving out to Ohio to catch the Steelers and browns in Jan. Anyone ever been there? What sections of their stadium is usually overrun with the black and gold? Tempted to snatch up a dawg pound seat but going alone and I need to get home alive. ha ha. :roflmao:

2. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The browns are so bad that their House has become everyone's House. Enjoy yourself and sit wherever you want, pretty sure there will be plenty of Black n Gold.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm going too. Found tickets on ticketmaster. Maybe they're still available, at a very affordable price.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    aren't the fans pretty rowdy there...especially to steeler fans?

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I hope not!
    I'm going with my wife and parents (both are seniors, mom on early 60s, dad close to 70)!

6. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I live an hour from Cleveland and actually stopped going to see the Steelers in Cleveland. The fans are absolutely horrible and love to try and entice you into a fight!! The have no respect for anyone, so I hope your folks dont get offended easily because their fans will not care in the slightest. I got tired of dealing with all the crap, so now I will only attend games at Heinz Field!!

7. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:
    I live in Brook Park, right next to Cleveland! All the Cleveland fans are A-Holes. They're just drunken idiots and you should be cautious. They will throw stuff at you and yell profanities at all times. I wore my John Elway jersey to a game in '92? or '93?. The Broncos ended up winning the game. I got dog bones and batteries hurled at me constantly.

Now, I'm a fan who absolutely does nothing during a game. I don't stand, shout or anything else. I literally just clap my hands from time to time. Most of you would be pissed at me during a Steelers game, because I only waive my towel in the beginning and near the end of the game. (sorry :cry: )
    At the end of that game, I was walking to my car with my buddy minding my own business and some dude got up in front of me and started egging me on to fight him. he was dropping F' bombs like crazy all while holding his 9 or 10 year old's hand!!!!!!! True story.

It's a damn shame, but buyer beware when coming to the :bscow: hole of a town. Low class, drunken, idiot fans.

8. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Me and my father in law went to the game last year and during and after there were several Stains fans trying to fight us. Kept saying they were going to jump us after the game needless to say they were jaw jackers nothing more. They saw we were not afraid and walked away. They are sore loosers and hate Steelers fans.

9. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks for your advice.
    I've thought it twice and it's probably not a good idea to go with my wife and my parents to the Home side of the stadium.
    Do you suggest me to sell my tickets and search for some on the Visitors side?

We do have our trip planned around 2 games (vs STL, @CLE) and spend Christmas & New Year on the area.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been to Cleveland to watch the Steelers play there. Those
    people are animals. Be very careful up there.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    it was a Browns fan (an adult) that tackled an 8 year old boy in the parking lot from behind after a Jets game. Cowardly pos.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :o Oh no he di'ent!

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :o Oh no he di'ent!

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Classy right! And it was the kids birthday and first NFL game.

15. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sorry to say that I had a similar experience to those related above, though no kids were involved. I took a bus group to Cleveland for the Sunday night game when they came back in 1999; 5 Steeler fans and 5 Browns fans. I sat on the aisle (bad move) and was cussed at the entire game. We were up pretty high, so it was pretty steep and some clown thought it was funny to kick me in the back as he was walking down the steps. That was it for me and I threw my "coke" at him (yeah, not too smart) :mad: He brought the cops back with him. Luckily most of the fans around actually stood up for me (shocking!) and the cops let me stay, as long as I moved in off the aisle (I complied - didn't want to spend time in jail). When the clowns fans started to leave in the 3rd Q all I could do was laugh as they waited soooo long to get their team back and then they couldn't support them on their first game back.

We were also hassled all the way back to the bus. My advice is to not take the wife and to not take the parents.

Again, sorry, but notice that there are NO posts about any good experiences at Cleveland.
    :Thanksgiving:

16. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly, there is no way you are going to avoid Cleveland fans no matter where you sit. There is not a home side nor a visitors side, but all I can say is to hope that you are around a bunch of Steelers fans. If it were me, I would sell the tickets and try to find tickets to a game at Heinz Field. Your experience would be pleasurable, and you would feel safe. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!!

17. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    It will be the last game of the season. You won't have any trouble.

18. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Went there with my wife a few years ago,she was waving her terrible towel some jerks dumped beer all over her,she told security they just laughed and told her shes lucky it wasnt something worse beer cant hurt you,she wont go to Cleveland again.

19. jhmiller3

Oct 22, 2011
    Not true. Just look at the posts. Has anyone had a good experience there? What difference does it make; first game or last game. The fans there, well, you know!

20. BigBlockSteelers

BigBlockSteelers Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    It's 50/50, I have had bad games and good games. Since it's a 1PM game I dont think there will be too much trouble. I am going also with about 10 other Steelers fans,,,I live 45min from cleveland.

But make no mistake about it, the majority of "clowns" fans will be there to cause trouble Steelers fans....just the way it is.....don't take the bait and stay together .

Best place to get tickets is StubHub, right now upperdeck down to $30 per ticket....they will drop lower than that. Next weeks game againt the Ravens is down too $12 a ticket.

21. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  22. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My father in law and his brother are season ticket holders, so my brother in law who is a Steeler fan and i have gone three times, in 2005, 2006, and 2009. All three times the two of us were never messed with. Maybe its because im 6 foot 3 inches tall and weigh 260 pounds, or maybe its because we didnt tailgate and were instead dropped off just before the game. Maybe we got lucky. Just the usual ribbing and smack talk but thats it. But i have heard and seen bad things. Going with a group of fellow Steeler fans is a good idea. Its just getting to the point nowadays where its becoming increasingly more difficult to enjoy yourself at a ballgame in an opposing teams stadium, much less a rivals place. Nobody has respect anymore. Grown men will verbally and physically assault women, and now 8 year old children.

23. BigBlockSteelers

BigBlockSteelers Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    blah...blah...blah....I ain't pulling for any clowns players, fans or city...you sure you are a Steelers fan? You ought to hear the crap that comes out of the sports talk radio and news papers around here (cleveland area)!

24. jhmiller3

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!:

25. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011