1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirates 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by BLACKGOLD CHAMPS, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I doubt it, they have quit, already planning their golf schedules.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well luckily Jake doesn't have to face the Pirates in the playoffs. LOL!

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Too bad your cubs won't win the world series. It must be tough to be a fan of a team that never wins and never will win. Maybe you should just pick another team to root for like the St, Louis Cards? Just trying to be helpful.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah because the pirates are a perpetual powerhouse that is constantly winning the World Series. Heck they can't even win a wild card game. Come on now. LOL!

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I guess the Cards didn't get to make it in spite of the fact that the Pirates seemed to be hoping they would. LOL! So glad to know the Cards will be sitting at home while the Cubbies are still playing.

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    And very soon the little Cubbies will be sitting at home and you will be crying your eyes out while some other team wins the World Series.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe so but at least I still have a team to root for. It's like Jeff Foxworthy said "tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". I actually think the Red Sox are gonna win it all vs the Mets. At least it for sure won't be the Cards though. If Jake can get it back together though we can for sure win it all. We are vastly more talented than any other team in our division and probably more so than any other team in baseball.

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Good luck with your DREAM.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Shouldn't you actually be betting on the Cubs since you said you like to always take the long shot? I mean if they've not won it in 108 years wouldn't they be the best bet as a long shot? Seems to me that if you're absolutely positive that they're gonna lose then wouldn't it make the most sense to put a little cash on them to win it all so you could get a good return on it? I personally don't gamble and don't know how it works but even as a Cubs fan I see us as a long shot to win it just based on our history.

10. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't always take the long shot, I take the team I think will win. Sometimes I'll take a flyer if the odds make it hard to ignore, but I feel the Cubs aren't winning the World Series so I won't bet on them winning regardless of the odds. My goal isn't to bet just for the sake of betting but to make as much money for donating to Best Friends Animal Shelter as I possibly can each year by making smart bets.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    How accurate have the odds makers been with the World Series winners in the past few years?

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not sure because I follow and bet baseball very little. I try to stick with NFL football and the horses. Once in awhile the Penguins.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd love to hear about your decision making process sometime. I'm not a gambling man, but I think it's fascinating.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The only thing I know about gambling is that you've got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. It's also advised that you should never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1