1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirates 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by BLACKGOLD CHAMPS, Jan 17, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was glad to see my Cubbies get a big win last night. Maybe we're finally starting to turn it around. Looks like us and the Buccos are the class of the division this year.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry.........just crickets at this end. Cole is a choker and was behind on virtually every Cub batter last night. Pirates pitching was their strength last year - this year it will be their downfall top to bottom. They probably still have a good shot at a wild card if they beat up on the little guys all year but it will be deja vu all over again as the wild card winner (should they figure out that one and done thing) would be facing the Cubs in the first round unless the Nats or Mets pass them up along the way somehow. I'm envious of what money wisely spent can do for a franchise (obviously Dodgers and Yanks left out of this whole equation since I included the term "wisely"). Gotta love those Maddon circus suits the Cubs had to wear while in Pittsburgh for this series.
    To the victor go the spoils I suppose. :blackeye:

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man Jake laid down another masterful performance tonight. I think it might be time we consider whether he is merely a mortal or not.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The Cubs are getting on my last damn nerve. :beee:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I'm just enjoying it while I can. It only comes around every blue moon or so. I'm not gonna say we're gonna win it all because I don't wanna jinx it but I will say we are DANG good and really deep too. I mean we're beating the Pirates without even having Heyward in the lineup. He really hasn't done much at the plate at all but he's flat out lethal in the outfield.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Could we have a North side-South side series?????

8. Guest

Guest Guest

King Kang is back, baby! Oh boy, is he back! :yahoo:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Bucs are winning 7-0 in the 1st against AtLOLanta. Boy, they really suck. :lolol:

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey since you're a big Pirates fan you should DEFINITELY check out this documentary called "No No". It's about Dock Ellis and his career and all that. It's really very good and anybody that likes baseball should definitely check it out. What a story! It's on Netflix if you have that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Talk about almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - and TWO nights in a row against the worst team in MLB - we sure could use some of those middle relievers we tossed aside from the last few years - Vogelsong has been awful at both ends of his career and unfortunately both ends are with the Bucs. Look at what Genmar Gomez is doing with the Phillies. Good thing we kicked 4 FGs tonight to the Braves 3 FGs. Love the O but where's the P? (never mind) :facepalm:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I really, really wish they would bring up Tyler Glasnow from Indianapolis. I watched him pitch when he was in Altoona and I love the kid. Some are saying he probably won't be brought up until next year, but I wanted him brought up last year. I mean, we gotta do something!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, it wasn't my boy, Glasnow, but they did call up Boscan, and he did a great job tonight. Awesome win and we took the series. [​IMG]

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man I hate the cardinals. I just needed to get that off my chest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

You and me both, my dear Steelers brother... You and me both. I'm a hot mess when we play the Cardinals. :lolol:

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man I'm telling you there's just something about when we play them that they are just some of the most arrogant bunch of jerks in the business. It's definitely a great rivalry but I just can not find a single thing about them to like. I feel the same way about the Reds actually too.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm just gonna drop this here...

Haha! A shutout of the Marlins, betches! Raise it! :)

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm mad at my boys right now. :beee:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    How can every guy in the lineup stink at exactly the same time - the team is batting something like .067 this last week and the ERA has to be 8.00. This is sick. Neil Walker is going to have a feast on Pirate pitching for his homecoming this week. Time to move Cutch out of the #2 spot - failed experiment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm going to my first Altoona Curve game of the season on Wednesday, 6.15.16, vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats. :lolol:

I love going to the minor league games and watching all the up-and-coming Buccos.

GO CURVE!

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Jake is pitching against the Braves today and my wife had thought about taking me for Father's Day but I have a huge Comic Book Convention coming up next Saturday and she just decided to give me money for that. Our farm league here is called the Smokies and there are a TON of Cubbies that started there. Ryan Sandberg is actually a part of that organization from a scouting perspective or something. A lot of people here like Kris Bryant because they would watch him play there a lot. I really want to go to Wrigley but have never got to. My dad was born in Chicago and grew up there for the first 12 years of his life and used to go to Wrigley all the time and watch Ernie Banks play for a dollar! Man times have changed. I hope you have fun!

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sadly just read where your boy Francisco C is going to be on disabled list for 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in left hand while batting in 4th last night against the Cards. I wonder if this actually happened last week when he was out for a few days after getting HBP? While he has struggled in May and June at the plate I just checked and Russell Martin in hitting at the Mendoza line at .202 so looks like the Blue Jays will be eating lots of his salary if this keeps up.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Cole got hurt today too. Apparently something with his bicep? I just heard them mention it on the Cubs game.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like a parting of the Red Sea for the Junior Bears this year. Rest of National League looking very underwhelming this year so far. Good luck - avoid ladders, black cats and goats.