1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe dream

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by gibson43, Dec 20, 2011.

1. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    we're one and done in the playoffs. I think the Broncos would beat us at this point. We haven't beat anyone worth a damn all year. Pat's D stinks, and we've lost to all the playoff teams we've played other than the Pats. Hopefully we clean house in the off season and get something that resembles a professional offensive line.

Starks is getting beat up by a rookie. this team is garbage.

2. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's 31 other teams you could follow.

4. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Its hard to not feel this way. Without motivation and without good execution and playcalling, all of which we don't have right now, I can't see us getting past the first round as bad as it is.

God knows I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm just going off of what I''ve seen tonight.

5. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    If thats what it was about then there'd be no point in posting it. Theres a desire to see the team do well and its being met my mediocre to sub-par play.

Its disappointing, but not reason to up and leave. Theres nothing positive to take from this other than what the team can learn from this game.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Amen. I don't know where these guys come from.

7. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    It's called a stark dose of reality. No untrue statments made. I don't follow blindly, i allow the tape to tell the story.

8. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep...reality sucks...we r not that good.

9. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Come on guys we're two very close games from being 12-2. We secured a playoff berth with 3 games left in the season. We're not that bad. Any given Sunday we're a top-5 NFL team. I'm disappointed that we lost, too, but it's not like we're the Rams. We're good, damn good, and we'll be in the hunt until the end.

10. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    I appreciate the statement and its true, but this is a night that reeks of disappointment. Considering where we were when this game started, and to watch what we did, you can't help but be pessimistic.

11. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Now we're talking. 2 more wins, Jets drop one (or possibly 2), Raisins lose to playoff-seeking Bungles and----BAM----we're 3rd. Houston lays an egg against Tenn and we're 2nd. There's still hope. Keep the faith.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have played 2 good games all year, that is it. Unless we get on a roll
    I do not like our chances in the playoffs at all. Its sad because alot of
    these players will be seeing there last action with the Steelers.

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

We are NOT damn good. We had a cake schedule that allowed us to be 10-4. Sure there are worse teams out there but we barely beat the Colts, the Chiefs, and the Browns. The few playoff caliber teams we have played, we got smoked.

I want us to be great as much as the next person but this just isnt the year :eek:

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Right? Why is it when you dont praise the team, you are told to go follow someone else? If I wasnt a LOYAL fan, I wouldnt give a rip how they played ;)