1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pimp Your Guys 2013

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Nov 27, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thought it might be interesting to have a post like this, this early. Everyone likes to brag about who they were pimping long before the draft... So put it in writing here... Possibly edit as you like (but add on, don't just change your guys, we wanna see who you whiffed on so we can point and laugh).

HACK I'm looking at you.

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

My list is out there to see every year.....and I own up to it.

HACK

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Sorry wasn't trying to be insulting, just said I was lookin at you because I know you're one that really pays attention.

Anyway here is my list...

Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah - OLB - BYU (1st Round)
    If I could pick anyone in the draft to fall to us right now (realistically speaking) it would be Ansah. This is my guy this year. The only guy I think I'd want over him is if Te'o falls past 10ish to move up, but I don't see that happening. Ziggy is from Ghana, and just made the team at BYU having never even seen the game of football before getting there. He's an extremely athletic DE/OLB at 6'5" 270 lbs and actually came to the U.S. with dreams of being an NBA star. I don't know what his hands are like but he could be a pretty scary redzone option at TE too.

He's very raw, and only started his senior year at BYU, which is why a lot of you probably haven't heard of him, but he got better in every game. People who talk about the "Steelers way" want this guy. He's humble, hard-working, coachable, and has an incredible motor. Story goes he wasn't in the best shape during walk-on tryouts, but impressed the coaches with his attitude and work ethic. I could definitely see him contributing right away as a pass rusher. He reminds me a a little bit of Jason Pierre-Paul.

Jonathan Banks - CB - USC (1st round)
    I gotta admit I thought we'd be drafting higher a couple weeks ago, so Banks is probably too high for us now, but I'd trade up for him. Banks seems like a prototype Dick Lebeau cornerback (is that a good thing?). He's big, long, physical and doesn't shy away from contact, and willingly comes up to stop the run. He has I would say average ball skills. His biggest weakness is his ability to turn and run with speedy receivers, but does a great job at covering big guys.

TJ McDonald - S - USC (Late 1st/Early 2nd round)
    McDonald would've been a late first round pick last season, and probably made a mistake returning for his senior season. There's going to be a lot more safeties in this draft than last year, so I think he'll go somewhere in the middle of the 2nd round. We might have to trade up for him in the 2nd but I'd be for it.

He's got very good size and can lay some wood as an in the box defender. He's also got good speed and coverage ability. He doesn't have the playmaking ability that Polamalu does but I think he's better in man to man coverage. Also highly intelligent player, that plays in a pro style defense. Can play either safety spot in our defense. He starts as our 3rd safety in case of injury (which we know could mean a lot of playing time), and takes over for Troy or Clark, whoever goes first.

Andrew Jackson - ILB - Western Kentucky
    I miss Joey Porter. I miss having some swagger... Harrison and Clark can lay some wood, but they're getting old and I want to see some fire. I wanted Vontaze Burfict in a bad way last season. Andrew Jackson is who I want this year. He's a bully on the field, and says he models his game after Ray Lewis.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm leaning toward matt elam as our first. later on adding shamarko thomas. we could use two young talented safeties by next year. mundy and allen gone for these two and golden a year in the system. troy and clark. 5 safeties again.:cool:

5. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I am all in on David Amerson. I think he can and should start at corner...but I would have no problem putting him behind Clark for a year and working him in on nickel and dime packages.....He is not the hitter that Clark is...but he does something that no other DB we have does...and thats catch the ball.

He is my favorite player in this draft. I think he probably can be a late first rounder...but my guess is he goes in the top 15 of round 2.

The Rams are in total rebuild....if Te'o were to start dropping....I would offer the Rams our 1 and 2 in this years..and our 1 in next years...for the Rams 1 and 2 this year......They don't lose any picks...and gain another 1st in 2014...... We get Te'o at ILB and INT machine Amerson out of it....I couldn't be happier.

HACK

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i have seen amerson going in the 2nd so far. i would like elam-amerson 1-2. holy smikies. shamarko thomas in the 5th. we would be hard to handle.:cool:

7. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    My list in no particular order(will add to this post if things change)
    RED - EARLY 1st or 2nd round
    GREEN - MIDDLE 3rd or 4th
    BLUE - LATE 5th - 7th
    *-* my favorites

ILB
    *Manti Te'o*
    *Kevin Minter*
    CJ Mosely
    Nico Johnson
    John Bostic

OLB
    *John Simon* (officially a DE...but I think he can be the next Woodley in the Steelers system)
    *Dion Jordan*

*Jelani Jenkins* (can play in and out)
    *Zavier Gooden*
    Chase
    Thomas (can play in and out)
    Brandon Jenkins (even with injury he has declared...could drop because of it)
    Travis Long
    Nathan Williams

CB
    **David Amerson**
    all the top guys Milliner, Rhodes, Banks.....but Amerson is my guy

S
    *TJ McDonald*
    Eric Reid

Kenny Vaccaro

Robert Lester
    Tony Jefferson
    Matt Elam

*Tyrann Mathieu* (I had no interest in him at all until he started getting in trouble. As a top ranked guy..no thank you...as a late round Burfict type pick up...I am absolutely in LOVE with him as a CB/S)
    *Ray Ray Armstrong* (Same thing....off field issue let him drop...will most likely enter the draft without playing a snap in 2012...I would take him and Mathieu and make them my backups in 2013)

DE
    Sharrif Floyd
    Margus Hunt
    Devin Taylor

DT
    John Hankins and Star Lotulelei are both monsters that won't last past top 10
    Jonathan Jenkins
    Louis Nix

QB
    E.J. Manuel
    Colin Klein

RB
    Mike Gillislee
    Kenjon Barner

Eddie Lacy

WR
    *Cordarrelle Patterson*
    Marcus Davis
    Marquise Goodwin

TE
    Jake Stoneburner

OT
    **Reid Fragel** - Love this kid...Former TE moved to RT..good feet...put him as the 3rd T on the goalline..and let him float into the corner of the endzone - I have him ranked higher than most...but expect to see him shoot up the charts come draft. Starks and Adams fight at LT Fragel and Gilbert fight at RT
    Xavier Nixon

Oday Aboushi

LaAdrian Waddle

OG
    Barrett Jones
    Chance Warmack
    Andrew Norwell
    Omoregie Uzzi
    James Wilson

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd love to see Alex Ogletree in B&G. ILB out of GA makes things happen. Junior though so may stay in for one more year.

9. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    oh god where would I start with this one ...

LOTS of guys I like a lot ....

Probably easier to break it down by where I anticipate we will be in conjunction of where I think players will be obtainable that I like ....

potential 1st rounders based on team need and potential availability ..sure I love others Like Te'o but without an epic fall they probably are gone before we select

as you will notice this list is S and ILB heavy as I feel they are our greatest need based on age of the current roster and depth at the pos

1st round

Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
    T.J McDonald S USC
    Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia
    Jesse Williams NT Alabama
    Arthur Brown ILB Kansas State
    Michael Buchanan OLB Illinois

2nd Round
    Ezekiel Ansah OLB BYU
    Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
    David Amerson CB N.C. State
    Xavier Rhodes FS FSU
    Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
    Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
    John Simon OLB Ohio state

3rd round

Robert Lester S Alabama ( Mr. Effort )
    Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
    Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    Larry Warford OG Kentucky
    Le'veon Ball RB Michigan state

4th round
    Shawn Williams S Georgia
    Bruce Taylor, ILB Virginia Tech
    Brad Sorensen QB S. Utah
    Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
    Dion Sims TE Michigan st
    Bruce Taylor ILB Virginia Tech

5th round
    Phillip Thomas S Fresno state
    Blaize Foltz OG TCU
    Micah Hyde CB Iowa
    C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee

6th round
    Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana
    Brandon Williams DE Missouri southern
    Demetrius McCray S Appalachian State
    Keenan Davis WR Iowa

7th round / UDFAs

Lamar Mandy OG Youngstown state
    Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine Bluff
    Tyler Shaw WR NW Missouri st
    Ryan Spadola WR Lehigh
    Micholas Edwards WR Eastern Washington
    Craig Wilkins ILB Old Dominion
    Eric Kush C/G Cal Pa
    Ty Powel LB Harding
    Dri Archer wr/rb/st Kent St
    Baker Steinkuhler DE Nebraska

may add a little more at a later date this is my short list LOL

Dri Archer..........

[video=youtube;fBRG71tsUyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fBRG71tsUyE#![/video]

I'm guessing Archer starts to show up on many people list real soon

10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Im all in on LB's and DB/S this year too Dwin....as I started writing down my list...I realized I had barely looked at any first or second round Offensive players....to me this is a 5 to 2 Def to Off draft.

HACK

11. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012
    yea I see no way around a def heavy draft at least from where I sit ... 4 to 3 or 5 -2 is probably about right , hell I would be fine with 6 defenders if we nab a comp pick for Gay ....

should be plenty of solid developmental players and maybe even a roster snagger come in the form of a UDFA pool player or 2 ... Archer per example he very well may go undrafted but with his quickness and speed he will make somebody's opening day roster and could have an impact if nothing more than on special teams ... he could be a ST nightmare for the opposition and really good situational football player ...

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    my top 3 as it sits now would be

matt elam safety
    barrett jones OT/OG/C
    dion jordan OLB
    :cool:

13. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

come on you got to do better than 3 ..anyone can post 3 top tier prospects and come out looking " smart " go out on the limb a little at least show us guys from all areas of the draft they draft 7 rounds after all they made this thread to laugh at us for getting guys wrong as far as pro potential ..give em something to laugh at but know you at least had the balls to put your ho's on the street corner for all to see LOL ...

( not picking on ya here ) everyone that wants to get involved really needs to go all in ... thousands of guys to pick from and draft is not 1 or 2 rounds .. treat it like your Colbert pick 7 rounds worth of players

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    oh i will. i even got 1 correct last year. :cool:

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    OK, it's real early.

1. matt elam fla. ss/fs
    2. alec ogletree geo. ilb
    3. hugh thornton ill. g/t
    4. kenjon barner ore. rb
    5. quanterus smith w.ken. olb
    6. cory fuller v.t. wr
    7. rodney smith fla.st wr.
    7. comp. zac stacy van. rb.
    revised 1/17/13 :hmmm::facepalm::cool:

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    these guys are really growing on me as i watch this years team and how we may have to make some tough cuts to get under the cap.

one more lineman like thornton and we would be young, mobile and have something to build on. adams,thornton,pouncey,DD,beachum may be a nice looking o-line to start the season with. legs,gilbert,foster and maybe bring lee back and an udfa could fit the bill for the O-line next year. they wouldn't put a great deal of burden on their pocketbook either.

i think minter could even have the size to jump to OLB if needed. alot would depend on molls. i would be overjoyed with a draft like this. :cool:

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like all of them , nice job

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am a USC fan and I wouldn't draft TJ McDonald in the first round USC had all kinds of problems stopping the run didn't see him stand out.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    thanks freak. i hope we get them all and they make a difference.:cool:

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    with wallace gone and miller out for a while ,which wr do you want and do you like luzerkinken as te ?

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    there are a ton of good wr's this year. matthews if he comes out this year i really like. either guy from tenn. or either from va.tech. ( fuller moreso).

i do like luzerkinken but i really like stoneburner ( stoney could play as a WR also), otten ( but to high for us) kelce from cinci, kasa , fauria,sudfeld all good TE's. TE is pretty deep too this year.

we should be able to load up on receivers and TE's as UDFA's too. always good to have some guys in the wings. also some big targets.

zac stacey at RB though could be a steal later in the draft. good runner and receiver. he gets lost in all the SEC players. stephens jr. from tex tech is a decent back at running and receiving too. could be a UDFA.
    :cool:

22. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Really warming up to the idea of making a play on Marcus Lattimore, slapping a redshirt on him for 2013 while Redman and Dwyer plod through another season of by-committee running, and count on featuring him in 2014.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ya just never know how he will come back from that injury. it was bad. we need some speed at rb. i think there will be some guys late in this draft that could do the trick. the top guys are pretty mediocre this year as a group. just not an overly strong RB class. i'd grab an UDFA or two though to have on hand for next year. maybe find a gem.:cool:

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    right now since we managed to pick in late ten , b.werner and d. jordan will be gone , i would pick one between e. ansah - a. ogletree

25. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd be very happy w/Ogletree. I think he's a quality 1st round talent. Okafor may still be there for us, as would Reid, safety from LSU who I like. I'll be keeping my eye on him and Mingo in the LSU-Clemson bowl game. I guarantee our 1st rounder will be defense.