1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I have NEVER said Kenny was a little *****. You’re confusing me with another member of our board. I readily admit that I’ve said he’s come off as an entitled brat and I stand by that statement.

And when did Mason throw shade at the Steelers? If there was a player who behaved in a more professional and classy manner supporting his teammates in the midst of adversity, I’d like to know who that was. Pickett could take some lessens from Rudolph in persevering through adversity!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm::popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    He does wear one down, that’s for sure. :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Cracks? It was one comment. You are the one deluding yourself. You are pissed that he disappointed you, so you lash out and make things up.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You both keep going and going and going, too. This narrative is as false as the one you are pushing about Pickett.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Rudolph talked about his love for the Steelers, then corrected himself to make it clear that it was just his teammates he loved, not the coaching staff or front office. Pickett, on the other hand, never criticized the team. Not once. He simply said that he didn't learn from watching. Rudolph's comments were more of a dig at the team than Pickett's, but you conveniently forgot them because they don't fit in with your nonsense.

The exact quote was, "I love this team...well, at least my teammates."

7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree, I am “pissed” that he was such a HUGE disappointment. I think most Steeler fans are to some degree. But your continued assertion that I’m making things up is a desperate attempt by you to pretend you’re right. And since when does strongly expressing your opinion equate to lashing out?

8. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL! You and Blast are desperate if you think that’s throwing shade!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nope. It is a valid response by me and my lack of tolerance for bull**** like what you are posting.

When you make things up and push a false narrative just so you can criticize a player because you are mad he wasn't better, that's lashing out.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is more than Pickett ever said that was negative, but you like one guy and you are angry at the other, which leads to your false interpretation of the comments.

11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    So you don’t think Pickett was “throwing shade” at Rudolph with his curt “NO!” when asked if he could learn anything from the sideline watching Mason play?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :popcorn: :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And I never called him bratty for saying it either because its not a big deal nor is Picketts answer to a single question but if you are comparing “offenses” you are delusional is you don’t think what Rudolph said is worse than Pickett saying no to a question. As Scribe pointed out, Pickett has never said a single negative thing about teammates or coaches.

You are holding Pickett to a ridiculous standard.

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Pickett has behaved like an entitled, spoiled BRAT!

I’m done!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The inside of both houses is pretty equal for me but I prefer the design of Picketts house more than Trubiskys. The outside is much more ascetically appealing to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I think he was pissed that he wasn't able to play. It is an unjustified and foolish stretch to make that about Rudolph. It is the stuff of fans pissed that their first-round quarterback failed, so they have to make him out to be a bad guy rather than acknowledge how badly the Steelers handled his time with them.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: He's got you and you know it, so you're going to take your ball and go home. Speaking of behaving like a brat.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And speaking of behaving like an obnoxious, know it all narcissistic jerk.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    The fact that you think Rudolph was throwing shade at the Steelers but you don’t think that Pickett was throwing shade at Rudolph tells me all I need to know about you and your bias.

Anyway, I’m through with you. You can’t argue with an obnoxious, know it all narcissistic jerk. And I know you’ll come back with something like “I got you, you lost the debate because I am the great and powerful Formerscribe and cannot be defeated!” lol…you’re the most ridiculous person I’ve encountered on this board simply because you THINK you’re always right. I’ve seen you lose many debates on here, including to me, and then claim you’ve won.

It’s sad really. You must live a sad life to never be able to admit you’re wrong about anything. And why are you even a fan of the Steelers if you have such a low opinion of them? I’m really starting to believe you may be a troll. Ive got to admit, you’ve pulled it off pretty well. You’re probably the troll who’s survived the longest on this board. But somehow you’ve managed to do it until recently when it’s been revealed that you’re not a fan of the team at all. You think they’re devious, underhanded and deceptive and are out to destroy a fringe player’s career. lol, pathetic assessment but you stuck to it.

At any rate, I’ve spent way too much time now with somebody not worth my time so I’m signing off. In spite of what you might say afterward, you’ve lost the debate. Several of us have have formulated and presented better arguments than you have with your “Steelers intentionally lied” garbage. But you keep believing that it’s all about you and behaving like the narcissistic know it all that you’ve proven yourself to be.

To the rest of my fellow board members…it’s been fun (mostly, lol). Time for a break.

See ya…

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You said that you were “done.”

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’ll be right back :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Multiple times

• Like Like x 1
  25. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    The way I see it went down... Kenny was told he was going to have real competition in upcoming year. They also said the starter was on the roster after the season...Kenny was only QB under contract. So i believe Steelers wanted to bring Mason Rudolph back or a Ryan Tannehill for competition, but I don't think Mason wanted to play the way he did at the end of the season (outplayed Kenny essentially) and not have a legit chance to beat out Kenny as far as competition is concerned... so wasn't eager to sign right away and maybe see what was out there. Well once Russell Wilson became available and was only going to cost 1.2mil, it became a no brainer..to sign him for cheap on a 1 yr contract because he is a Superbowl winning QB and essentially better than Rudolph. Russell Wilson expects to be the starter signing that type of contract. Steelers think this will be a good way to ease Kenny back into starting role after a year because not only is fan base down on Kenny, so is the WRs (Pickens and Dionte Johnson), and he learns from a Super Bowl winning Vet QB. So Tomlin tells Kenny that Russell will take first team snaps and there will be a competition still. Kenny takes that as Russell Wilson has been guaranteed starter role and feels like Steelers are going back on their word of there will be competition and just handed Russ the starting role. In all reality, Kenny could have came out guns a blazing in camp, looked better than the aging Russ (who supposedly hasn't looked up to par the last 2 years) and won the job because the Steelers arn't locked into a multiyear 30mil contract with him and they could have cut Russ after camp. However, Kenny (feeling entitled, week minded, the team wasn't behind him anymore, whatever) wanted out now and asked for a trade. In all reality, I believe the Steelers wanted to develop Kenny more and thought this may be a good move to make, as there would be less pressure on him considering the circumstances that developed at the end of the year with Rudolph playing better, etc. They trade Kenny, and then say lets go get our young "Kenny"...aka Justin Fields...to sit behind Russ and who will ultimately take over for the Steelers next year hopefully as Russ will be a year older. This is not to say that Fields can't beat out Russ in camp as some reports are speculating and they cut Russ. Thats why i believe they draft a QB in round 3, 4 or 5 to develop as the backup this year or next year to the starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.