1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I typed pool i meant wife:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, I got the lame joke, but it still feels like you are trying very hard to prop up an opinion despite the lack of facts.

3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, looks like a pretty nice place. I could learn to live in that house.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I understand Pickett's frustration about the starting job. I do believe he was told Wilson would be taking first team snaps during OTA's, and that he took it too personal. As a competitor he should have welcomed the challenge. Unfortunately, Pickett didn't have the stats to back up his hold on the starting job and that is where he should have come into this season with a chip on his shoulder to firmly hold onto it. I'm not buying that he was lied to. No matter what others say, he wasn't afraid of the QB battle with Mason Rudolph, especially after his own tumultuous tenure, but he didn't have the confidence to battle an aging QB in Wilson. That is where I'm disappointed with Pickett. I wanted him to do well, and I wish him much success in the future. I know many are pointing to his winning record, but he did play as Matt Canada stated, "Good enough to win." We all can admit this past season's "good enough to win" meant the defense had to bail us out. Too many 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field and the bend but don't break can only last so long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The fiction writing on this site is getting to be really funny.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    False narrative = any narrative that doesn’t agree with your narrative.

I’m making nothing up. If you will not admit that Kenny acted bratty at the end of last season and that has carried through all the way up to last week when he demanded a trade, then I can’t help you. I’ll hand it to you, Scribe, unlike Kenny Pickett, you don’t tuck your self-entitled tail between your legs and run like a whipped puppy when you’re challenged. Even if you are wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I anticipate a response ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Reverse psychology. I like it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Except for saying no to one question, he was nothing but professional in his time with the Steelers. You bought into this false narrative that there was some pattern of behavior even though there is no evidence for it.

You are right that I'm quite stubborn. I get that way when I know I'm right, as I am in this case. I'm not so sure why you are so desperate to believe he did something wrong. Maybe you can't handle the Steelers coming off poorly. Whatever the reason, you are stuffing a whole lot of wrong into every post. It's quite something.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Kenny is very excited to be close to my home. He digs the Jersey shore or so he told Philly faithful. Maybe he could buy the summer home Carson Wentz owned for about 3 months.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder if Jack thinks Rudolph was bratty and a little ***** when he threw shade at the Steelers :hmm:

By the way, using those words even in jest made me cringe, can’t believe grown men are talking that way about another grown man. Yikes.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No .....He just keeps on until You get tired, and don't care anymore, and then He thinks He has won. LoL. Even a stubborn F**ker like Me gives up after awhile, and let's him have his little false victories .

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I wish Him luck....as long as it's not against the Steelers. He can make a lot of money being a backup, and eventually He will get better....How much better is the question.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Kenny has requested a trade after the Eagles signed QB Will Grier

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    "This isn't what was discussed behind closed doors" - Kenny Pickett

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    IMG_2513.jpeg

I think Kenny can beat him out

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Eagles just picked up Will Grier who has ties with new OC Kellen Moore. I wonder if Kenny feels threatened with the Eagles bringing someone in to compete with Kenny for the backup job? Grear was a 3rd round draft pick in 2019 that has been more of a practice squad player than anything else, but the Eagles will be the 3rd time he has played for OC Kellen Moore.

Eagles Sign Backup Quarterback with Ties to Kellen Moore (msn.com)
    The West Virginia standout had two stints with Grier, as the pair were also together with the Dallas Cowboys during the 2021 and 2022 NFL seasons.

20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He didn’t want to be there, they accommodated his request and moved him where he wanted to be. The End.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. It's funny how folks here conveniently forget Rudolph made his displeasure clear during the 2022 season, but they want to believe the team didn't screw up with Pickett, so they have to bash the guy.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The team screwed up by drafting Pickett

Pickett screwed up by wimping out asking to be traded and running away like a coward

Can we at least agree with these facts

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We can agree that drafting him was a mistake. Of course, it was. He is gone after two years and they didn't get much in return.

The second part is made-up nonsense. There is no valid evidence to support your take. Asking for a trade alone does not support your claim. One teammate, Kuntz, spoke up and said the criticism of Pickett was nonsense. T.J. Watt defended Pickett wanting out, too. He didn't have to say anything, but he chose to express his understanding of Pickett.

24. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Obviously Pickett requested a trade, that much is a fact. He decided that instead of backing up and learning from what is most likely a one year rental, he would rather go somewhere else and sit behind and learn from a franchise quarterback. He is the only one who knows the real reason why but it's clear he did not want to be in Pittsburgh.
    As much as I stuck up for Pickett and even supported him starting this season, I didn't feel like the organization owed him anything. They felt they saw enough of him and tried to bring someone else in. He chose to go elsewhere. It all seems pretty cut and dried to me. The why's at this point seem rather irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You are absolutely correct in that he WAS professional prior to facing the kind of adversity he faced his last few weeks and months with the Steelers. When it was all about Kenny and he was the crown prince of Pittsburgh, he was highly professional and well measured on all of his comments to the media. After all, he was THE MAN! Bradshaw>>>Roethlisberger>>>Pickett.

We all played into it. All of Pittsburgh played into it last off-season based on a couple of 4th quarter drives last season. He was being hyped big time!

But the last month of the season it became all about Mason Rudolph when he reminded all Steeler fans what competent quarterback play and effective offensive execution actually looks like and the cracks in Kenny’s armor started to show. Adversity reveals true character.

And then when Russell Wilson was brought in to challenge Kenny for the starting job, his true character was finally revealed and he decided to demand a trade and that it would be better to move on to a team that has a young, entrenched starter at the quarterback position. He needed a re-set…after two years. Geez, I knew Kenny wasn’t the smartest guy, but come on.

And I’m not the least bit desperate to believe Kenny did something wrong, it saddens me and frustrates me really because I had such high hopes for him when we drafted him. But I know what I’ve seen and heard over the last few months and I know that Kenny has come off as an entitled brat.

Continue to delude yourself if you’d like but I really don’t think you’re that naive.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.