1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Glenn, I've commented on several things that Kenny said toward the end of last season that were salty to say the least. That's fine, he's a competitor and as someone who's competitive myself I know it may be easy to get salty when you're being outperformed by the backup to your backup. I don't think it's been disputed by anyone that Kenny asked for a trade after Russell Wilson was signed because he didn't feel as though he were being treated fairly since Tomlin apparently told him that Russell Wilson would go into camp as QB1. Kenny himself said he needed a change, needed a re-set. AFTER TWO SEASONS??!! He decided that the NFL transfer portal looked pretty good and decided he didn't want to stick around and compete with a 35 year old quarterback who's seen better days. Those are FACTS! I certainly concede that the story about him refusing to dress as the QB3 in Seattle remains a rumor although it has gained a little more traction the last few days. But maybe that's because of the circumstances surrounding Kenny's departure. So my opinions are not merely based on rumors, they are based on actions, behaviors and words from the entitled one himself.

2. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I've conceded that there have been conflicting reports about his refusal to dress as QB3. But given his saltiness at the end of last season because he was being outperformed by his backup (in fact, his backup's backup) and his request/demand to be traded after the Steelers brought in a veteran quarterback to improve the QB room leads me to believe that it certainly could have happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a little confused, jeh. You seem to be agreeing with my contentions about Kenny and how he came across as a salty brat at the end of last year when his backup's backup was outplaying him and forcing Tomlin's hand to keep him as the starter and that Kenny basically pouted his way out of Pittsburgh when the Steelers brought in Wilson, but then you seem to support what's being said about all of this just being conjecture and rumor. :hmm: I've conceded that the refusal to dress as QB3 in Seattle is, at this point, a rumor, but I can somewhat believe it based on Kenny's other statements and behaviors. Can you clarify exactly what you think of the Pickett drama, lol? :shrug:

4. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    The interesting thing is Kenny wasn't a free agent so its not like he bought a bill of goods and lost out on signing with another team, he was under contract and the Steelers could have said we are not trading, stfu and go into camp and prove you are better. So at the end of the day he either didn't trust Tomlin and the Steelers that he would get a fair shot in camp or doubted himself that he could win that competition and told the Steelers he would prefer to be traded. Same thing sorta happened to Mitch, they signed him as QB1 and then drafted a first round QB in Pickett and so the clock was ticking and he played like crap and was scrapped by game 4.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Nail on the head! There are certain members of this board who get their jollies that way. They enjoy denigrating and name calling and at times they'll disparage another poster that they aren't directly interacting with because they are incapable of having direct, intellectual interaction or debate in which they state their case in a well reasoned way, listen to another's viewpoint and either respectfully agree or disagree without name calling and belittling. And then you have other posters who are agreeing with what you're actually saying and even making comments supportive of your position but then when another poster essentially name calls and disparages what you are saying they make sure to hand out those "winner" ratings to those guys.

Wait a minute, I guess we're now doing what you accused others of doing above in your post, lol.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Except for a few instance at the end of Picketts two years here he conducted himself with the utmost professionalism. Not sure why the fan base is acting so rabid over it when the focus should be on his play on the field which was far below the line and forced the Steelers to do some very uncharacteristic things. Moves which were going to happen regardless of how Pickett behaved once those moves became available to the Steelers.

Whether those moves turn out to be good or bad remains to be seen but I think the Pickett era effectively came to an end when Rudolph showed the team how the offense could look with competent QB play. It was kind of a reverse evaluation of Pickett by seeing how the offense responded to Rudolph. As people have pointed out to me, it wasn’t a complete overhaul of the offense and Rooney even made mention of how it looked with better QB play.

Having time to digest everything I think the plan was to run it back with both Pickett and Rudolph and then Wilson and Fields fell into their laps. I have even read they had a contract offer for Rudolph but fell apart with Wilsons availability. We could have very well been looking at a season where Pickett started and Rudolph took over again if he didn’t win the competition outright.

As much as that sucks for Pickett and Rudolph, we should be grateful thats how it unfolded. Wilson/Fields may end up as duds but very doubtful Pickett/Rudolph could compete with the top QBs and teams in the AFC. I read something that succinctly summed up Pickett, does some good things but there is nothing elite about him. Same can be said about Rudolph, nothing elite.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to be clear I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the part in red

I wasn’t there and don’t have a clue nor do you or anyone else

More specifically Kenny who was there said things went as planned that week

But even Kenny made it clear when Russell was signed he wanted a new start elsewhere

To that he tucked his tail and ran

I think now is a good time to move forward on this subject

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The part in red was a very real and unfortunate possibility

When Wilson was available everything changed

No one was lied to and no one was promised anything

But that makes for a boring subplot

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Since Pickett is now an Eagle isn’t this a General NFL Forum topic

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Pickett should have made a post similar to this.....

Mason Rudolph officially says goodbye to Steelers Nation in this Instagram post today:
    "For the past 6 years, it has been a privilege to be part of the Pittsburgh community and represent the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    To my teammates, coaches, staff, Art Rooney, the Rooney family, Thomas Tull, Larry Paul, and the rest of the Steelers organization: Thank you for changing my life forever six years ago when you gave me the opportunity to wear the Black & Gold.
    To the fans—your love and passion for the team is what makes it so special to play here. I will never forget playing in front of Yinz one final time this past December. All the Best. MR."

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now that is a class act

Not like some other guy who’s name I’ve forgotten

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Isnt this you? :scratch:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nothing negative is a long way from classy polite professional ………….

And I have a bunch of personalities ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    He’ll be back in 2025. ;)

Interesting that he didn’t mention Mike Tomlin by name. I’m sure it’s nothing. :shrug:

15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Sybil, er, I mean jeh, has been having an identity crisis of late. He’s spent a good bit of time lately arguing with himself over the Kenny Pickett debacle. :lolol:

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s hard to find mental equals on this site ;)

I couldn’t pass up that curve ball

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Kenny Pickett is selling his house naturally

Fully furnished

Now there is a guy running away as fast as he can

I wonder if he is taking his wife and trophy’s

Ok his wife

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Congratulations on allowing yourself to be suckered by the false narrative.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What is he supposed to do? Keep a house six hours from where he plays?

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There was one comment and even that wasn't nearly as bad as you are trying to make it out to be. The guy wanted to play. That's what he is supposed to want. Please stop making things up.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Read it again slower so maybe you will understand

22. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    The pool in a shape of the number 8

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll stick to the obvious facts

You stick with your made up story about everyone lying and the Steelers leaking information to save face

You’re looking bad on that one

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A little poetry eh

25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-3-22_9-40-48.png