1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't get it. Any of it. The Steelers are the worst at drafting, acquiring, coaching, developing QBs in the league. So we get rid of an overdrafted tiny handed halfwit for another overdrafted mouth breather along with an old ass midget has been. What in the ever living f#$% is the FO doing with the QB position. I have lost whatever little faith I had in the FO's competency at QB. When I didn't think it could get worse, the steelers proved me wrong once again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I'm being accurate. You're looking for a scapegoat and buying into the team's manipulations.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You know someone has lost the argument when they lie and double down on it the way you are doing.

My position is consistent. Yours is not. It is sad that you can't handle reading it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While we all wanted Pickett to succeed, I think two things sealed his fate in terms of play. 1) He was given opportunity and everyone was looking for a jump in play in his second season. However, the immediate impact of a rookie CJ Stroud and Brock Purdy put the microscope on Kenny. 2) Mason played well and elevated those around him on offense to play with a confidence they hadn’t had with Kenny. The comment from the front office that Mason showed the offensive potential with quality play at QB spoke volumes and a sign patience was wearing thin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    By the way, this is the post that has STD whining and lying. He insisted that Pickett was afraid to battle for the backup job, which wasn't going to happen. Like many posters here, he got suckered by the nonsense being leaked by the Steelers after years of insisting they were full of crap for how they handled the quarterback situation in 2022. I pointed out the inconsistency in his approach. Since he knew I was right, he went for the "I know you are, but what am I" approach. Apparently, STD learned his rhetorical approach from PeeWee Herman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Not sure what you are asking for? Godlike abilities to predict the future of College players?

Hell, Even the so called wizard of offensive playbooks, Kyle Shanahan, spent 3 First Round picks on a complete Dud he could not coach up.

The Steelers, just like the 49ers, traded their future franchise QB, before his rookie contract was even up. I believe they were both traded going into their 3rd year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He was afraid. He quit on the team and asked for a trade

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

How does refusing to dress as an emergency QB sit?

9. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    Mason Rudolph was treated a lot worse over him time here than KP and he didn't quit on the team and refuse to compete for his job.

MR was the red-headed stepchild from the moment he arrived, they never gave him anything like the chance Pickett got, and conducted himself in a much more professional manner.

All in all i'm happier with Wilson and Fields than the 3 QB's we had last year, and i'm pleased we haven't wasted another season just further underlining the fact that Pickett 'aint it. This was always the problem with him - low ceiling, didn't excel at anything. Such has proven to be the case.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes I’m excited about next season as well

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    [QUOTE="KnoxVegasSteel, post: 1270868, member: 137"]I don't get it. Any of it. The Steelers are the worst at drafting, acquiring, coaching, developing QBs in the league. So we get rid of an overdrafted tiny handed halfwit for another overdrafted mouth breather along with an old ass midget has been. What in the ever living f#$% is the FO doing with the QB position. I have lost whatever little faith I had in the FO's competency at QB. When I didn't think it could get worse, the steelers proved me wrong once again.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. You cannot be serious with this.

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bull****

13. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So are you telling me the steelers have been even mediocre at selecting and developing QBs over the past decade? Cause if you are, then you have some very low expectations. I mean Ben was the obvious exception but he was drafted 20 years ago and had what, at least 5 different OCs? And they sure as hell weren't coaching or developing him. He was great on his own. How do you rationalize Pickett, Trubisky, Rudolph, Dobbs, Duck, Landry, Lynch, Haskins, Mettenberger, Vick, St Pierre, Oladokun... that's just off the top of the head but there are so many more dogsh!t QBs that have paraded through here and never did squat here or after leaving here. But the FO here seem to be fascinated with other teams former 1st round QBs from the trash heap. If you're going to go to FA for your guy, at least get someone who is worth a damn or has something left in the tank.

PS, we just traded our 1st round heir to Ben who we wasted the 20th pick on to be what he is, a career backup. We all knew it when he was drafted. To say otherwise is just being a hard headed homer. Stop apologizing for crappy QB selection and poor development.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  14. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022

Some of these 25 year olds can be immature, but they can also be talented. Kenny may yet turn out to be a good QB. I think they were not keen on him anyway and he just gave them the perfect excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011

LMAO. You cannot be serious with this.[/QUOTE]
    Look, I'm happy they cut bait with KP. Never should have happened in the first place. They have upgraded but not by much. How about getting an FA QB who isn't getting run out of their last town on a rail with fans chasing them with pitchforks and torches?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    Look, I'm happy they cut bait with KP. Never should have happened in the first place. They have upgraded but not by much. How about getting an FA QB who isn't getting run out of their last town on a rail with fans chasing them with pitchforks and torches?[/QUOTE]

So you don't think that the Steelers are the worst team in the league with drafting and developing QB's?

Like who?

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    So you don't think that the Steelers are the worst team in the league with drafting and developing QB's?

Like who?[/QUOTE]

It's obvious.

CHICAGO

18. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016

It's obvious.

CHICAGO[/QUOTE]

One of many, Stains, Jets, Raiders, Cards ...

But I was asking him which FA QB he would have brought in who wasn't run out of town with pitchforks and torches?

• Like Like x 1
  19. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

One of many, Stains, Jets, Raiders...

But I was asking him which FA QB he would have brought in who wasn't run out of town with pitchforks and torches?[/QUOTE]

They would have cost a ****ton
    Mayfield
    Cousins so no to either.

Mason, Mintchew maybe

20. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    They would have cost a ****ton
    Mayfield
    Cousins so no to either.

Mason, Mintchew maybe[/QUOTE]

Mason wasn't coming back, Minshew is what he is, a viable bottom 15 starter for a while/clipboard holder. On his 4th team in 5 years, not as good as Wilson is now, certainly nowhere near peak Wilson, and much more expensive, Fields also has upside which Minshew doesn't.

FA QB is a wilderness no-one lets their frnachise QB walk into FA so you're left with has-beens, never-weres and reclamation projects/busts. Oh and of course you can usualyy massively overpay for someone likie Kirk Cousins who has proven to be a financial genius in his time in the NFL - never won a big game paid like a superstar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Not sure if this was mentioned but
    Did anybody tell Kenny

BEWARE OF THE IDES OF MARCH??

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Fear of missing out on the next Marino is why we drafted Pickett to begin with.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Like who?

How about anyone not named Ben over the past 20 years. This list does not instill confidence: Pickett, Trubisky, Rudolph, Dobbs, Duck, Landry, Lynch, Haskins, Mettenberger, Vick, St Pierre, Oladokun, Dixon. I'm sure there are others but that's off the top of the head. Granted, those guys weren't going to be the starter while Ben was here but what happened after they left Pittsburgh? Were any of them anything other than a backup any where else? Closest thing so far has been Dobbs but that ain't saying much. Now we get to add Fields and Wilson to they list, yay... not.

PS : not sure what is happening with your quotes but they are all jacked up and you've ended up quoting something I didn't post above.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Leftwhich Batch

25. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016

Every team has a list of them, from the times before and after having a franchise QB.

So come on, who were you signing in FA to play QB?

And just for clarification, here is your oiriginal quote: This on the back of having a 18 year First Ballot HOF'er at QB. That's more QB greatness than some teams have had in their entire existence..

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.