1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett could be out multiple werks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Dec 3, 2023.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    As badly as Kenny throws sometimes, has he thrown any INTs? How about Mitch?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The whole point is that Kenny has had very few opportunities to throw picks when 80% of his balls are behind the LOS or less than 10 yards downfield. Even the downfield balls he throws are generally 1v1 sideline balls or back shoulder throws. These are balls that get intercepted so infrequently that its not super impressive that Kenny hasn't thrown picks. Trubisky pushes the ball downfield and is less averse to the middle of the field, so there is much more opportunity for him to get picked when he makes a bad throw or bad decision. Its the "stats of the weird" that Kenny has in his favor, and TBH they are generally circumstantial or complete flukes.

When you throw for 150 yards and 0 INT's is that impressive? No. He's gone 6 games where he has gone for 160 yards or less (or was knocked out of that game while being on pace for less than that number). He's been knocked out of 3 games this year. 2 last year. He's struggled and he's fragile.

I don't expect Trubisky to be great by any means either. He is a back up for a reason and he has some similar struggles to Kenny... but I just don't think he is going to go out there and make Kenny look like a stud. Mitch is who he is, he will be just fine in relief of Kenny. It certainly shouldn't look a lot worse than it has this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I'm pointing out that you supported a bad argument with a terrible comparison. You can debate whether or not your argument makes sense (it does not), but that your comparison failed is inarguable among the sane. Peterson is a 33-year-old cornerback, His physical skills are in steep decline. Trubisky is a 29-year-old quarterback. His physical skills are still comparable to what he had with the Bears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016

He wasn't in football shape when he played. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The larger sample size doesn't mean much in this league. It's more about "what have you done for me lately." Mitch showed promise early, but it was his progression that hurt him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You wrote all that out to explain what I already said, and You already said. LoL. You must be bored. Yet You ....as always keep picking on things already discussed, and Yet skip over the parts that You don't want to answer. Your usual bait, and switch tactics. LoL. If You want to just argue about what we already went over.....find someone else. If You want to discuss football, and not act like You skipped the parts You didn't want to answer....then we can talk. You are not as crafty as You think. I'm sure that works on some people.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They freaking know this. Why they are playing ignorant is because they actually thought Trubisky would be good, and instead of saying.....dang ....I was wrong....they keep twisting facts . I have never ever understood why it's so hard to say ....I was wrong.

8. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    That werks for me. LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I want a new coach. Ok, Mike?

10. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Whatever. I’ve been a Steeler fan since before you were crapping your diapers.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will say I'm wrong when Mitch becomes a legit starter, because I have repeatedly said he's not any good. I've never thought he was good, ever. I just don't think Pickett is any good either.

Nobody is saying Mitch is any good, nobody. I swear you don't use your head when you write. You just go on about random **** that makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    A loser fan?

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And if they go 8-9 it doesn't mean you will get a new coach, Cowher and Noll had losing seasons :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    The bengals and Jax are 0-4 since insulting the Terrible Towel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really....because I can go , and bring up where many many people said He would be good. I'm not saying You, but I see this all the time by people that haven't been on this board long saying....nobody ever said something.....no....nobody ever said it maybe while you have been on the board. Just like the whole Canada stuff. I said I never wanted Him, and many did, but newer guys said that never happened, and then I brought up a old post showing that is exactly what happened, and then everyone acted like they didn't see it. Remember....everything said in here... is still on here.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2023-12-6_14-19-6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I wrote all that to point out that you were full of crap, as you are in this post. There is no bait and switch. That is a lie. If you think I skipped over something you want answered, by all means, restate it.

You used Peterson's decline as if it somehow supported your ridiculous claim that we should only look at what players do with their current team when evaluating them. I guess if Patrick Mahomes became available to the Steelers they should pass because his performance in another system doesn't mean anything because it was with another team. You're going to pull some of your nonsense in response, but that is the natural conclusion of your argument. I don't want to argue that point any more. I have won it enough times that it just gets boring, but you keep insisting on defending that nonsense, so the game goes on.

One thing that is not debatable is that in the context of that argument, Peterson is invalid evidence. Peterson is not comparable to Trubisky. He is four years older. He plays a position at which players normally don't last as long. He has shown signs of his physical talent declining with age even before he got to Pittsburgh. We don't have any indication of that with Trubisky yet. Using Peterson in that context made no sense, but you just refused to let that stop you.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't read...glanced at it, and You are still talking the same things Peterson, Trubisky....basically repeating what You already said not once , but twice. You think by switching the words up it's different. LoL. You are too funny. Sorry about wrote all that, and nobody will end up reading it. I'm sure You will try attacking it in a different way. Someone in the messages bet Me You would. LoL

19. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Have a good night Skippy.

• Like Like x 1