1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett could be out multiple werks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They didn't actually start off terribly. He saved a few bad snaps from Cole or it might have been worse. Play calling regressed, they were killing it in the run game.

2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    If Kenny is out more than two games, I strongly suggest hanging his jersey for the season.

I'll say this, Kenny earned the right to head into next year as the starter; however, the leash is very very short.

Kenny has some serious flaws that he needs to truly work on this off season, the first is his footwork and the 2nd is his pocket awareness. And sadly my biggest concern is his durability. He needs to practice and play to further his development and being on the sideline this often really stunts his growth. I think pocket awareness will help with his durability, but this isn't good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, on top of everything else the guy is made of glass

4. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    If only he had seen Calvin Austin wide open in the end zone.. instead of running and getting injured.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    You saw what happens. Do you want to see four weeks of Trubisky? I sure don’t

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We don't really have a choice do we? I've seen far too many Kenny Pickett games too, so at least I'll be numb enough to handle it lol

7. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Oh ok...I didnt think he was trying to mock anyone on here, or any KP supporters. I just thought he was just being facetious when he said it....although when I responded to you I'm not sure what I was thinking. I think too much frustration is starting to set in with this offense. It's holding back a potentially serious run at a SB opportunity because I don't see the dominant team in either conference like I have in the past. It seems wide open to me, yet I know this team has no chance with this QB room or offense.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  8. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Sit at home, load up on bon bons and watch films of REAL offenses with REAL quarterbacks.

9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Some reports are tightrope surgery for high ankle sprain. Kenny had it done previously at Pitt. Was back in 4 weeks. 2 weeks seems optimistic.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    He's been cruising around threads posting the same type of mocking statements about Pickett the past couple of weeks. To me it gets annoying because I don't know of anyone that doesn't have real concerns with Pickett at this point. The hope is that he finds his way at some point, but it's getting hard to see when that happens shy of a new OC and system next year. This year was just a complete waste for everyone on the offense not named Warren when they chose to keep Canada.

Fair point regarding dominant teams, though I think the 49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys are a step ahead of the rest of the league right now. The AFC is looking like it will come down to the Chiefs or Ravens, but the former isn't as strong as it has been in years past and the latter is always a step away from an implosion with Jackson and Harbaugh.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Best we can hope for is that Mitch plays better without Canada because otherwise what I’ve seen from Mitch is worse than I have seen from Kenny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Such a wasted year. Bringing Canada back was such a poor decision.

Lost a year of Kennys development and having a better idea if he is the guy or not and another wasted year of Watt which really stings. Generational talent just being wasted while waiting for the offense.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    So basically, he shouldn't have been playing this week in the first place. When will these guys learn that if it's already moderately sprained, that means it's damaged and ready to become more damaged. Give it a little time to heal instead of taping it up and injuring it further?

14. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Yep, I've seen enough of KP to know that we can't go into 2024 without another QB to at least compete seriously with him, he's too fragile.

Season's over, I am all in on getting as high as draft pick as possible.

Now fire Tomlin.

15. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    As much as I would love to see #7 back, even just for a few games - his arm was shot before he retired. Do you think it got better with age? ;)

16. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I hated to hear that but maybe he should think about his career and the future of it. He has had 3 concussions and now this and this is only his second year with very little improvement.

17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Just in case some of you missed it, Joe Flacco and the Browns lost yesterday because Flacco threw the ball up for grabs and it got intercepted. That led to a touchdown and they never recovered.
    Yep, he really Flaccoed the hell out of that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    One of his very first passes was the Flacco special, heaved it deep hoping for a PI.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers should consider drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round next year or bring in a FA QB with starting experience who has more upside than Trubisky or Rudolph. Pickett has proven to be injury prone in his short time in Pittsburgh.

20. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    All of them passing yards don't do a damn bit of good if you can't be trusted to protect the ball late in the game.

Kenny protects the ball at the expense of throwing for big yards. Quite the conundrum the Steelers have on their hands although it's a moot point now with Trubisky under center.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We can probably start the countdown to Mitch's first career pick-6.

22. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe last season when Trubisky was "gifted" the starting job rather than actually competing for it, he was looking over his shoulder the whole time rather than playing aggressively. I suspect the same as he has to be hearing fans calling for Mason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Sigh just another year of not knowing what they got in Pickett,,,..........Draft another QB next year and have them battle for the starting job

24. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    It is unbelievable that he played so well during pre-season giving everyone a sense of false hope. I still put that on Canada as he seemed to dial the offense way back after the season opener. I guess it was his smoke and mirrors offense wasn't fooling anyone. Canada was definitely no offensive magician.

25. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I don't care how long he sits. The kid is a feel good story for Pittsburgh and nothing more. I was completely wrong about the kid. Maybe one the most important passes in the NFL is the sideline 10 to 15 yard pass... he has under thrown that pass all year. In fact some were so badly under thrown it took 2 skips off the grass to get near a receiver... Tribisky has no business in there, let Mason take the field. But they won't, they'll let that curtain jerker get some plays on tape and that's another issue I ha e with tomlin.... he's to much of a players coach and when he has his favorite it takes an act of God to get that person off the field...